• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Virtual Machine on a True Box.. Ban or okay? (1 Viewer)

kirito

RedCents
130¢
Hail!

I did the best I could as a complete newbie to search here to find the answer.

I am playing on Yelinak, and I would love to be able to play my boxes all on one PC. I believe this is illegal. Is that true?

Okay. Sorry if this is a dumb question. Please be kind to me I am new to EQ.

Playing my cleric on my laptop is annoying and my desk is small.

TYVM!

Solution
DBG is hard against virtual machines

Illegal means (in broad terms) you're going to jail - no, you're not going to jail.

does this means if they find you on VMs they will ban you? very possibly

unfortunately:

MQ doesn't work on Truebox servers

MQ is not supported and does not work on Truebox servers. DarkPaw Games doesn't want multi-boxers, and we don't want to upset the official devs.

Other tools such as MySEQ and IonBC are available for truebox servers.

Unfortunately, MacroQuest of any flavor is against > DBG's Terms of Service <

DBG's stance on 3rd party apps > here < 3rd party apps include things like MacroQuest and MySEQ

if you want an #Absolute...
DBG is hard against virtual machines

Illegal means (in broad terms) you're going to jail - no, you're not going to jail.

does this means if they find you on VMs they will ban you? very possibly

unfortunately:

MQ doesn't work on Truebox servers

MQ is not supported and does not work on Truebox servers. DarkPaw Games doesn't want multi-boxers, and we don't want to upset the official devs.

Other tools such as MySEQ and IonBC are available for truebox servers.

Unfortunately, MacroQuest of any flavor is against > DBG's Terms of Service <

DBG's stance on 3rd party apps > here < 3rd party apps include things like MacroQuest and MySEQ

if you want an #Absolute #Infallable answer, you would need to ask dbg specifically - but it is in their tos

edited to add since some people think sending me snarky pms is the answer:

any circumvention around mq not working / supported, or vm usage or anything where someone is like "ah hah i got it to do the thing" - just know you are potentially throwing away any of the protections that mq is trying to provide for you since you are something that is unsupported.

dbg has no problems linking accounts if they can and taking action against other accounts if they feel your violation is severe enough.

I'm not the cops, each of us has a line that we're like "this is cool with me" and "that's not cool with me" and disagreeing about those things is fine.

just know that if it isn't something directly supported by mq, RG, and anything else by extention, you're in wild-wild-west no-support on-your-own land at that point

Solution
@Sic
dbg has no problems linking accounts if they can and taking action against other accounts if they feel your violation is severe enough.
thats no joke. it looks like they even go after your current target.
(AVATAR) This client is %srunning one of the detected Virtual Machines. Type: %d Flags: %d (AVATAR) usage: /afp < get | getworld | send > -get - Outputs your current machine fingerprint. -getworld [ name | target ] - Outputs your current target's fingerprint from the world. -send - sends your machine fingerprint to the server. -testvm - tests if your client is running in a VM. € €ÿ .hdr EQJOURNAL

@Sic

thats no joke. it looks like they even go after your current target.
(AVATAR) This client is %srunning one of the detected Virtual Machines. Type: %d Flags: %d (AVATAR) usage: /afp < get | getworld | send > -get - Outputs your current machine fingerprint. -getworld [ name | target ] - Outputs your current target's fingerprint from the world. -send - sends your machine fingerprint to the server. -testvm - tests if your client is running in a VM. € €ÿ .hdr EQJOURNAL

thats a GM command to inspect the GM's target.
it also tests the GM's client to see if it thinks its running in a VM.

Question - Virtual Machine on a True Box.. Ban or okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back