• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - View Port in Settings (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,016¢
yes you can move it to another window

you would need "Enable Viewports" in your MacroQuest Settings

View attachment 51298
I saw this in another thread and didn't want to hijack it by asking this there (I JUST found out you can Quote another thread in a new one).

I see that it's Beta, so I'd like to get anyone's input about what they thinks of it that's using it.
What issues have you had if any?
Do you find it helpful to have the ImGui on another screen? Or less helpful since it's not right in sight?
Think I'm going to give it a go....But I always seem to break something when I play around with stuff.

Thanks all!

BB~

So I gave it a shot last night. I'm running 6 toons on my main monitor in windowed mode. I started to get really bad micro stutter with g-sync on and off on my main monitor even in easy graphical zones.
I'm thinking it's because my second monitor is running at 60mhz while the game is on a 120mhz monitor. Not sure but it's my guess. I've ordered a longer DP cable so it'll reach my second monitor and get it to it's capability of 120mhz and see if that improves it.
Oh, main monitor is 34" 3440x1440 and secondary is 27" 1920x1080.

We'll see how it goes.

BB~

Not that anyone's following this but for future issues.

I figured out why I was getting a shit ton of micro-stuttering using the ViewPort with the Lua ImGuis on a secondary monitor. It wasn't just having different Mhz on each monitor it was RivaTuner also. I use MSI Afterburner and like having the on screen display for the FPS and GPU temps. Welp, uninstalling Afterburner and RivaTurner, using a DP bable to get 120Mhz on the secondary monitor fixed it. Game is smoother as cream now!

If you have the setup to do so I HIGHLY recommend using Enable Veiwport in the MacroQuest settings box. Frees up a bunch of screen real estate and can have the Lua ImGuis all visible at the same time. Very good idea whoever thought about it!

BB~

Last edited:
Not that anyone's following this but for future issues.

I figured out why I was getting a shit ton of micro-stuttering using the ViewPort with the Lua ImGuis on a secondary monitor. It wasn't just having different Mhz on each monitor it was RivaTuner also. I use MSI Afterburner and like having the on screen display for the FPS and GPU temps. Welp, uninstalling Afterburner and RivaTurner, using a DP bable to get 120Mhz on the secondary monitor fixed it. Game is smoother as cream now!

If you have the setup to do so I HIGHLY recommend using Enable Veiwport in the MacroQuest settings box. Frees up a bunch of screen real estate and can have the Lua ImGuis all visible at the same time. Very good idea whoever thought about it!

BB~
How do u get such resolution? Use a mini USB with adapter to a Sony TV 40 inch. When I switch in game to better Resolution it reverts back to 640x400 I think. Even though the desktop is at 1940x1080. I think if I can fix the resolution it would produce better images. If you can point me into the right direction would be great. Thanks

Question - View Port in Settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back