• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - VEIL OF ALARIS AND MORE! (1 Viewer)

Teichou

RedGuides OG
RedCents
1,531¢
With sony spilling the beans on EQs Eighteenth expansion pack comes so new pre quests for the expansion!

Features:

Brand new continent revealed, Alaris.
12 brand new zones.
some of the zones....

The Resplendent Temple
The Windsong Oratory Crypt
Rubak Oseka, Temple of the Sea
Plus a hand full more we know nothing about!
New NPC race, Alaran

Hot bar revamp.

12 buttons per hot bar
Resizable hot bars
Set clickable items to a hotkey, and be able to click them even if they are inside bags
Show cool down for abilities (o rly?)

New Guild Halls

2 brand new Guild Halls that Will be placeable in your Guild's Neighborhood
The old Guild Hall will be free, but the 2 new ones will cost plat
Players will be able to place items in the new Guild Halls, similar to player housing
New Guild Ranking system(rift any one?)
Create Guild Ranks (Applicant, Full Member, Officer, etc) Completely customizable, you can name the ranks anything you like
Certain permissions can be set by rank, to allow certain ranks different access rights

New Email / Item / Coin system

Adds the ability to email items and coins to other players / alts
Completely different system from the current in game email setup
Will only support current server transfers for now

Other things that we know are coming out soonish?

Offline trader:

Would allow you to set up a trader, log out, and your trader remain online- (u mean I dont need to leave my account on line to sell shit? woot!)

Players would not be able to play another character on the account while having an offline trader

Possible fee (percentage of item price) for using offline trader

When will this come out? Who knows..it might never come out...SoE just talked about it real fast and moved on!

Mercenary Bandoiler:

Will allow players to carry around multiple types of Mercenaries, and choose which one they wish to use on the fly(win!)
When will this come out? who the hell knows....cant wait for it tho!

Item comparison system:

Would allow players to compare items to their currently equipped gear

YouTube upload feature(wtf?)
Would give players a way to record and upload content straight to YouTube, from within the EverQuest game(still wtf)

so what do u all think of all this stuff that is coming out? I wanna hear what you got to say cuz I just do!

I stole this info from any number of websites...
let me know if you know more then I know! I will post and give u credit!

I am thrilled! I really liked the HoT expansion. They seem to going in the right direction.

I would really like to know when some of these things will be released, but you know how they are, they want to dangle that carrot for a while.

New NPC race, Alaran - Meh probably could get a merc looking like them

Hot bar revamp. - WIN - Really, bout time.

New Guild Halls - Meh...

New Email / Item / Coin system - Like it long time

Offline trader - Again, about time. But still another great addition that we desperately need.

Mercenary Bandoiler - I love it. No more hurry back to pok to change mercs hopefully just a one time buy

Item comparison system - Meh, not a big deal but maybe on the soe boards people wanted it?

YouTube upload feature(wtf?) - Yeah WTF

The only thing I dont like about HoT was how easy it was.

The new NPC race I could give 2 shits about my self.

Hot bar revamp is a big win...we needed that years ago...

New guild halls are meh...I could care less I just afk in there any ways....

New Email / Item / Coin system...I dont use the email we have now...the item thing is nice...coin idk what they are getting at but I am sure it will be nice...

Offline trader...like I said b4 u mean I dont need to leave my account on line to sell shit? woot!....thats almost as good as sex....ok not rly but u get the point...

Mercenary Bandoiler is a nice idea...but I dont use mercs so meh...

Item comparison system...thats what clicking on shit is for...damn....lazy shits....

and I rly dont get the youtube shit....I hope that never comes out!

Some useful "features" that should have been added for free in patches years ago, and some useless fluff.

Meh.

IMO the difficulty will be SoD/HoT (not buttrape) because when they've tried to make really difficult expansions like GoD and UF, it's been a total disaster and a lot of people quit.

you guys aren't thinking the big picture for the youtube feature. youtube = free advertising

The more videos, the more advertising - it's actually really smart and they are behind the times as other games already do this.

you guys aren't thinking the big picture for the youtube feature. youtube = free advertising

The more videos, the more advertising - it's actually really smart and they are behind the times as other games already do this.

and if you ask me the other games that do this are nuts...yes ok its free advertsing but upload from game to youtube is some thing I dont think I would ever use lol

Discussion - VEIL OF ALARIS AND MORE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back