• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Vanilla (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeXtrm

RedCents
for those who just use maps, i included MQ2rez,if i use anyones plugins and they do not want me to just say the word and its gone guys ,just trien to put a basic up for some ppl who rather not have the active hacks ,and besides i can only compile updated non hacks anyway hehe and with w/e codes are released and in my grasp so ... hehe ty for the pateints guys

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the effort but you HAVE to post your source as well.

Otherwise it's a GPL violation, I'm giving you 30 minutes to do so then yanking your compile.

Out of interest does anyone actually give a shit about GPL violations apart from a few sad linux nerds and the mods around here?

I mean christ next people will be worrying abotu EULA's and copyright :rolleyes:

RaidNazi said:
Out of interest does anyone actually give a shit about GPL violations apart from a few sad linux nerds and the mods around here?

I mean christ next people will be worrying abotu EULA's and copyright :rolleyes:

You might want to watch those kind of comments. Redguides has always respected and upheld the GPL. Furthermore, as long as compiles have been coming out on this website there has always been a requirement for the source code to be posted. Other websites may let that slide, we don't though.

Seeing as how there wouldn't be a Macroquest if it wasn't for the GPL...well not as effective of a Macroquest at minimum, I don't see the problem in upholding it still. Though I've always thought Plugin.h should be LGPL...

Nacnac's probably gone to sleep, I know he meant well so I'm not going to beat him up and drop the compile out, I have good faith it will be fixed tommorow.

Raidnazi, do try and not troll in the future.

Love,
Linux_Nerd04

GPL is more followed out of respect than anything else. If you didn't write it, respect that hacker that did and publish source. Do you really want them mad at you?

100 % understandable, well i put the source up and BTW its a nice Plugin for not being an active hack very usefull figured even a vanilla could use it,if someone could PM me a list of NON Active hack plugins source codes ill be more than happy to add them to the vanila seems like a few i cant compile without errors

My main toon IS a troll for a reason :rolleyes:

Seriously thou I've never really liked the GPL.. I know its main purpose is to prevent abuse and continue the spread of free software, but to me its just another restriction.. The code just wants to be free..

GPL advocates trigger the same twitch in me that people who pay for movies, music do :-P viva the internets k thx la~

Vanilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back