• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Vanguard Release~ (1 Viewer)

mven

RedCents
Vanguard: Saga Of Heroes will be closing its open beta at some point tomorrow. Following that you will have a few days of nothing and then LAUNCH. I believe the game will open to preorders on the 27th and everyone else on the 30th. The Sigil guys have done a pretty crazy job of improving the game since beta 5 opened and it looks like it will actually be quite playable at release.

That being said how many of you will actually be giving this a try at release? I know the majority of you still have a hardon for Burning Crusade and will be occupied with that for a while. Those of you who are as bored of WoW as I am and planning on checking this out let me know.

I plan on playing on the FFA PvP server which at this time I believe will be named Tharridon. I will be making a High Elf Cleric which starts on Thestra. I have a friend or two who will also be picking this up at release so if enough of us are playing on the PvP server we might be able to throw together a guild or at least a regular group for causing some mayhem~

If anyone is interested or has any questions about the game please post in this thread~

Yes. I'm glad you're enjoying playing Candyland the MMO... Back to Vanguard thx~

i have a level 14 bloodelf!

:(

i'd actually love to give vanguard a try, just for the sake of it being different than what i've spent every waking moment playing for the past 18 billion years.

that said, i think it's pretty lame that the only way to get into the beta was to pay for it... no free trial love? wtf?

i might give it a shot, but i live in japan, and will be crawling around while the rest of the world sleeps... /le sigh

I haven't seen a screenshot of it that tells me it's anything more than a pvp-capable Morrowind mod with ugly Arial font on everything.

I feel obligated to mention this now before it gets out of control, let's not turn this into a "Vanguard Sux" thread. If you want to express your displeasure with this game please create another thread.

I myself am still on the fence, the last few days have really made me debate whether or not I am going to purchase this game at retail or if I should wait until around summertime to make the commitment. Either way, I'll be on the FFA PVP server.

OK SEVERAL QUESTIONS FOR YOU ARE HERE NOW FOR YOUR ANSWERING PLEASURE. THEY FOLLOW THIS CAPTITALISED SECTION YOUR ARE READING CURRENTLY. HERE THEY ARE AFTER THIS SET OF COLONS:::: : : : : : :
(HERE):
* Any idea if me, as a member of the English community, will be able to play on 'merican servers?
* Is the PvP worth playing the game for?

Cos yeah, I'm ever-searching for something to replace Ultima Online for - FFA PvP servers seem pretty close. Can you loot players and such and what's the penalities for dying?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIMES.

I almost cry to think nothing's been done that rivals it. It makes no sense. There's a market for people who like to fuck other people around. Speaking of which then the titting hell is Darkfall going to be released? Wankers.

P.S. "Bleeding Hollow" is the most horrible innuendo in the worlds.

I haven't seen a screenshot of it that tells me it's anything more than a pvp-capable Morrowind mod with ugly Arial font on everything.

You can have 3000+ people logged into a single instance of Morrowind? Or are you talking about Darkfall again and thinking Vanguard for some reason?

isobelle said:
i'd actually love to give vanguard a try, just for the sake of it being different than what i've spent every waking moment playing for the past 18 billion years.

that said, i think it's pretty lame that the only way to get into the beta was to pay for it... no free trial love? wtf?

i might give it a shot, but i live in japan, and will be crawling around while the rest of the world sleeps... /le sigh

I'm sure they'll have a free trial after the initial launch clusterfuck. Most games do within the first 6 months. As far as a true open beta I am not sure why they didn't have that aside from being worried about bad press as the game is far from perfect. They did give away a good number of beta invites which just required being registered on their forums but I think the majority of the people got theirs through Fileplanet, some Magazine, and Preorders.

Well I am off work the first week the game releases which I had originally intended to be used for grinding up in TBC but which will probably be used for Vanguard. Yay for having to burn rolled over vacation hours in the first quarter. Soo if you play the first week you will probably have at least a few people on to hang with in the middle of the night haha.

Runned said:
I myself am still on the fence, the last few days have really made me debate whether or not I am going to purchase this game at retail or if I should wait until around summertime to make the commitment. Either way, I'll be on the FFA PVP server.

Understandable as they are being rather gay about releasing PvP rulesets... The PvP changes that were supposed to be in a few days ago still do not seem to have gone live (dmg/balancing shit)... Then there is still the fact that the game is pretty damned buggy even despite all of the massive changes they have made over the past 3 weeks... I assume the game at release will be pretty well improved over what it was in Beta 4 but still far from perfect. I just don't know if it will be a game worth investing years in at that time... I guess worst case scenario there is always... TBC... and then Conan and Warhammer later on... I think I'll be playing it for at least a few months at this point assuming they continue making changes to the game and getting shit fixed after launch...

BigFreak said:
OK SEVERAL QUESTIONS FOR YOU ARE HERE NOW FOR YOUR ANSWERING PLEASURE. THEY FOLLOW THIS CAPTITALISED SECTION YOUR ARE READING CURRENTLY. HERE THEY ARE AFTER THIS SET OF COLONS:::: : : : : : :
(HERE):
* Any idea if me, as a member of the English community, will be able to play on 'merican servers?
* Is the PvP worth playing the game for?

Cos yeah, I'm ever-searching for something to replace Ultima Online for - FFA PvP servers seem pretty close. Can you loot players and such and what's the penalities for dying?

I would assume if you ordered an American copy of the game you could play on US servers instead of EU servers. I don't know if the two will be allowed to mix or not however.

I would say at this point don't expect an amazing PvP game. It will be horribly unbalanced and massive amounts of tweaking will be going on post launch. The rulesets have not really been set in stone outside of having one FFA server and one Teams server. There is a large part of the PvP community demanding an FFA Item Loot Server(mostly 1 item loot similar to rallos) however I get the feeling this will not be in at release. Sigil is being very weird about releasing the ruleset info. As soon as I know more though I will post something on it.

Then there is still the fact that the game is pretty damned buggy even despite all of the massive changes they have made over the past 3 weeks... I assume the game at release will be pretty well improved over what it was in Beta 4 but still far from perfect..

I don't follow that logic.

Beta ends and everything is still buggy.

Days later, the game comes out and everthing is magically fixed?

It's like every other beta I have ever played, whatever bugs were there at the end of beta are still there at release. It is not like releasing the game is some big magical solution that fixes all bugs. It really dosen't change anything except now you're paying to find their bugs.

Beta ends and everything is still buggy.

Days later, the game comes out and everthing is magically fixed?

Beta 4 ended in december and Beta 5 is the open beta going on right now. He is saying the game that is going to be released next week is going to be much better than the game as it was before open beta, before they made massive improvements in the last few weeks.

Ah okay I thought he was trying to say something along the lines of "It is the end of beta right now and everything is super buggy, but it is getting released next week and everything will be fine then."

Nah most of the bugs right now in terms of actually being able to play the game are much much improved. Lag is down, hitching (basically lagging between zones/chunks in game) is much less, and most of the low level questing and such seems pretty functional. Balance issues and bugs with a few skills (like currently clerics have an ability that is supposed to restore roughly 10% mana that at present fills them to full mana and is useable like every 20 seconds) are the biggest things. Especially where PvP is concerned.

Damage in this game is crazy high compared to player HP as mobs tend to have a bit more HP so translated over to PvP one shotting and short fights become an issue. They are supposed to be nerfing damage significantly across the board PvP only to combat this though many are crying that it will make healers completely insane. This is quite possibly the case but I think with a little tweaking and with PvP becoming more group oriented once the game is live and people actually spend a bit more time working on their characters that this will become less of an issue. I personally think it will be kinda nice for once having a healer that isn't a free kill in PvP but at the same time I don't want to play a game where 90% of the players are clerics and shamans either : P

I doubt Sigil will pull off something miraculous at release and have this game be the greatest thing since sliced bread. However if they can get it to the point where it is playable all the way up through max level with content available and a decent PvP ruleset... I think it will be good enough to keep me amused now that I am ridiculously burned out on WoW...

Damage in this game is crazy high compared to player HP as mobs tend to have a bit more HP so translated over to PvP one shotting and short fights become an issue. They are supposed to be nerfing damage significantly across the board PvP only to combat this though many are crying that it will make healers completely insane.

IMO that was one of the probably with WoW pre-xpac. Healers were sitting at 3000-4000 life and warriors were sitting at 5000-7000 life. A rogue could basically, ambush, backstab, cold blood, eviscerate a healer before you knew what was going on. Now they've sort of tweaked this by making everything have high amounts of stamina. I know the projected figures were tanks sitting at about 13000 life and healers at about 8000 life. Blizzard was talking about making the game so that battles would last a long time instead of being a 5 second affair.

My first 60 was a priest for raiding, then I sold him and made a hunter to 60 to farm/smith gear for my upcoming paladin. I'm playing a ret-spec'd pally right now so I've got pretty decent survivability and alright DPS. Soon as I go prot spec, you will not be able to kill me. Sure, I won't be able to kill you either, but I'll be able to last long enough that either 1 - You get bored and leave. 2 - Someone else comes and kills you while getting healed by me. ^_^

I think the problem will still be the same in WoW once everyone is back at max level with comparable gear to what they had pre-expac. I am pretty sure the higher damage weapons, greater spell power and attack power gear etc will more than make up for the extra HP. The extra HP and such would have been nice if damage stayed the same in the expac but then you gotta encourage people to farm farm farm.

I am just hoping that in Vanguard they will do enough PvP tweaking to actually have some nice long lasting fights rather than the WoW/DAoC shiz where people die in like 5 seconds flat (notable exceptions being healer vs healer). I am not sure if they will be able to pull this off and as I am expecting a rocky launch anyway whether or not they will put in the time to do so seems a bit unlikely at least starting out.

I personally think VG is screwing themselves by making their game more appealing to the WoW market. Not many people are going to quit WoW, which all of their friends and family play, to pick up a game that is almost identical. Had they gone out of their way to make it almost unfriendly to the WoW style of play I think they they would have had a chance to capture a fairly nice sized niche market and maybe even snag some people from WoW who feel it is just a bit too streamlined and simplistic.

Ah well~ Only time will tell.

Vanguard Release~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back