• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Vanguard PvP Rulesets (1 Viewer)

mven

RedCents
For those of you that care I found this on Tentonhammer:

Annatar said:
Hi everyone-

Here it is, the much awaited announcement of the specific rulesets. We apologize for not getting this to you sooner, but there were some things we needed to nail down that took some time.

Free for all server:
Minimum level 7
20% soft level difference (explained below)
15% coin loot
PvE item durability is disabled on ability activation and PvP death causes a chance for each equipped item to take a large hit
Releasing your spirit after a PvP death takes you to your bind point. You will not drop a corpse.

Team server:
Minimum level 7
20% soft level difference
15% coin loot
Durability is no different than a PvE server
Releasing your spirit drops a corpse (with no experience loss) and transports you to the nearest altar
Defensive targeting and grouping is restricted

The teams

Shadows of Kaerellun

Dark Elf
Kurashasa
Varanthari
Orc
Goblin
Vulmane
Varanjar
Lesser Giant

Order of Alurad

Wood Elf
Raki
Dwarf
Halfling
High Elf
Half Elf
Qaliathari
Mordebi
Gnome
Kojani
Thestran Human

We have support for additional teams, but we feel this is the best initial setup that supports the content and has people able to find opponents from a fairly low level.

The soft level difference means, while your ability to attack someone above the minimum level is unrestricted, if you are more than 20% of their level higher than them, they suffer no penalty and you gain no reward.

The percentages are easily adjustable and we will be enabling coin banking for PvP servers.

EDIT: European server will be a team server

Ruleset is a bit pussified. Basically WoW PvP with coin loot and durability loss for anyone within 20% of your level. At least you can kill anyone over level 7 I guess. With this ruleset I think there will be an assload of ganking as there is no real penalty for death if you bank your coin (which isn't implemented yet). Oh well at least it's something different I guess~

From their official site:

Vanguard Site said:
Sony Online Entertainment and Sigil Games Online announced today that early access for Vanguard: Saga of Heroes will commence January 26 at approximately 10:00 a.m. PST. Gamers who placed pre-orders either at retail or digitally will get to experience Vanguard: Saga of Heroes before the game's official launch on Tuesday, January 30th. Players can select from multiple servers in North America and Europe and are not restricted by region. A link to a list of server names has been released on www.vanguardsoh.com. A character's selected server during the early access phase will remain the same once the game launches.

Sounds like you guys can just play on the US servers if you don't like the EU ones~

*sniff* ...really? Yeah I might have to give it a go then. Can you pre-order for digital download then?

Vanguard PvP Rulesets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back