• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Games - Vanguard: It's not like it was... (1 Viewer)

Marbury

RedCents
121¢
Hey RedGuiders,

I know a lot of people gave Vanguard a try when it first launched(flopped) and probably wouldn't even think of giving it a second chance. Honestly, what do you have to lose? If you're a fan of EverQuest, but not a fan of EQ2, maybe World of Warcraft is too childish for you. I would have to put it past you that maybe Vanguard is worth giving a second shot.

I've played most of the larger MMO's and I have found that nothing has suited me quite like EverQuest did. It's hard to find something to replace what made you come back time and time again. I've found it though.

I remember all the psyche there was for Vanguard. We all heard Brad McQuaid this, Brad McQuaid that, but when Microsoft pulled their hands out of the project and Vanguard flopped, everyone decided it wasn't worth fixing. After a while Sigil took backseat and let Sony drive the car, and I'll tell you it's been a fine ride since then.

Since Vanguards initial release debut crash into the MMO forgotten, Sony has rebuilt and restructured the continents of Thestra, Kojan and Qalia. It's not the giant exploited, bugged, screwed up cluster-junk it use to be. The servers have been compiled, and the children have packed up and moved back to the World of Warcraft.

Anyways, this game has a very mature audience and is directed toward those of that level. You want to talk about a game where it does get progressively harder as you move up in levels? Are you looking for something that isn't a quick jump from the first level to the level cap? Maybe you might want something more than just simple mechanics of turning on auto-attack.

I've found since Vanguard has been launched, it has been refined to be the true MMO powerhouse that it was designed to be. I think that maybe, if you haven't already should give Vanguard it's second try, maybe it's first. I don't think you'll be unhappy with giving it a try. It's worth a shot.

By the way, Conan sucks. :D

Hmmm thats interesting......I was on the original Beta test and stayed for a while when it went live but couldnt take it. I went back to EQ and now find myself in WOW.

Wow is a very easy game there is really no challenge. Maybe I will have to give VG another try.

Is it still very demanding on machines? Thats what kept some of my friends out. They could not run it and couldnt afford to buy a new machine.

I play Vanguard on two computers. I play it on my 3.6Ghz OC'd P4, 1Gig of RAM, 256mb Nvidia 6800 card, and then I use my other PC when I'm not doing something else random on it, but it's a Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz, 4Gigs Kingston HyperX, and Dual SLI 8800GTX.

It can take as little as that, and anything more. I mostly play on my P4.

Just in the case that anyone is interested in trying it out, I have 10 10-day trial keys if you would like to give it a whirl. Just post here or send me a private message and I'll send you one.

I have also went back to VG. I also have found some interesting toys for VG

http://www.vgbuddy.com/
Warping, runspeed, instant rez, pretty nice

http://www.vgextreme.net/
Scripting program some handy scripts like Radar, and bots (Harvesting, crafting, adventuring and diplomacy)

Haven't played with the bots besides the Radar / Harvesting bots, they work pretty good once you get the software to work, the site isn't that user friendly IMO

The last time I played VG (around december) the only real problem with the game at least on Sartok was the obscene amount of cheating/hacking going on. Have they done anything to address that post banning Ebonlore?

Ebonlore = Gone. Sony broke them up and banned most in February from what someone told me in game. I mean it's obvious they are gone, but a few players you still see on from the guild like Cody, Mance, and a few others.

Sony doesn't have much patience left with hackers on Vanguard as they are building population back up.

Gnuoy, what server are you on? You can get away with hidden stuff like anything else, but if you're doing in front of public eyes, and they call you out, Sony will act. They don't want the public being deterred from hacking in a game, because they have really put a lot of work into the game with redeveloping and working out the glitches and bugs. I think Ebonlore moved onto AoC or Warhammer, but I think they'll end up getting kicked out of those games too.

Anyways, I would like to see a few more from RG playing so we can have a little forum activity. Especially in the VG section of the boards. I don't think the game is for everyone, but if you're looking for a little more challenge, and maturity, this would be the game. I've told many people to "**** off" and I've never got told, "I'm reporting you."

If you want a buddy key, I'm down to 8. Let me know ASAP.

Xeth ...

I mainly use warping from altar to altar and the harvesting bot that basically autoharvests while i watch and read or surf on other pc.

I don't do the hacks in public view that would be dumb...

Games - Vanguard: It's not like it was...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back