• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Using Tells, Passwording.... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
90¢
I know how to setup a password between tells etc etc......Is there a way to produce a the player's name who last sent you a tell.

#event Test Noob1 tells you, I love pie

Sub Event_test

/invite Noob1

etc etc?

I cant find the post :/ so, i will attempt to half-ass the code. it wouldnt be hard. something along the lines of...
Rich (BB code):
#event invitethenoob "#*#tells you, 'I Love Pie'#*#"

Sub event_invitethenoob
             /rt
             /invite %T
             /dzadd %T
/return

it would work perfect, as long as the person you are inviting is in the general area. if not, then you would have to change it to
Rich (BB code):
/invite person'sname

Rich (BB code):
#chat Chat

Sub Event_Chat(string ChatType,string Sender,string ChatText) 
/if (!${Spawn[${Sender}].ID}) /return

/if (${ChatText.Equal[I love pie]}) {
/invite ${Sender}
}

Bah to bump this and provide a clearer explanation of what needs to be done....(The others might be right but this is what works for me ..)
Include this at the top of your macro.
Rich (BB code):
#Chat Tell
#event Invite "#1#tells you#2#password#*#"

Where password is what you want it to be.(Pick something challenging)

Lower in your macro, add this.

Rich (BB code):
Sub Event_Invite(Junk, string Nameb)
/invite ${Nameb}
/taskaddplayer ${Nameb}
etc etc etc etc 
/return

Where Nameb is, can use any label you like. You could call it Sonysux. This just defines the variable of the person's name who sent you the tell. You can pretty much add anything into here to do once the tell is received, including delays and so on. This is good if you have an afk macro where friends know the password and they can join at will, without you being there to invite them.

Using Tells, Passwording....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back