• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Using MQ2EQBC to control my Group!! Help needed!!! (1 Viewer)

poacher54

RedCents
10¢
So I have run MQ2 VV with eskay and berserker a few months now. Recently I tried eqbc but apart from the inbuild control buttons I cannot figure how to give my toons commands such as use "Throne of hero's" or "Lesson of the Devoted" I cannot even make them all accept the grouping automatically. Can someone help??

Thank you

I am not sure would check with Sic or CWTN and make sure but I think the eskay uses Dannet for broadcasting stuff to the group. You might want to check that and see. If that is the case then EQBC might have issues with them.
the plugins don't innately use anything to communicate with one another - no eqbc or dannet and they don't care if you run none, one, both, etc

I made a videos to show how i move my dudes around with eqbc

assuming eqbc is setup and your toons are connected for throne's hero you could do a couple of things

/bcga //relocate lobby <- this is using mq2relocate, bcga says to everyone in group including the person issuing the command
/bcga //alt act 481<- this tells everyone in your group to do a "/alt act 481" which is Lesson

for autoaccepting group, I suggest setting up mq2autogroup and mq2autoaccept

Sic

That is a great video.

There are two things that stand out.

If take away the "tech detail" of what is defined in the click buttons, and accept the buttons by name "do things" it shows the setup you have and how straight forward it is to click and move camp. To have the guys follow you, engage your target for a regular group fight etc.

Then when actually look at the "tech detail", it's a whole new learning curve. Not only are there a series of commands to set up, there is also a culture (terms of reference, language, short hand) of MQ2, Very Vanilla, Plugins, components from ChatWithThisName to pick up and be familiar with.
It's clear you've been involved with these tools for a long time, as you speak fluently about it.

There is a lot of engineering gone into making this stuff, and once bundled up to simple button clicks, it can look straight forward.

Suffice to say, I'm impressed.

Regards

Sic

That is a great video.

There are two things that stand out.

If take away the "tech detail" of what is defined in the click buttons, and accept the buttons by name "do things" it shows the setup you have and how straight forward it is to click and move camp. To have the guys follow you, engage your target for a regular group fight etc.

Then when actually look at the "tech detail", it's a whole new learning curve. Not only are there a series of commands to set up, there is also a culture (terms of reference, language, short hand) of MQ2, Very Vanilla, Plugins, components from ChatWithThisName to pick up and be familiar with.
It's clear you've been involved with these tools for a long time, as you speak fluently about it.

There is a lot of engineering gone into making this stuff, and once bundled up to simple button clicks, it can look straight forward.

Suffice to say, I'm impressed.

Regards
I've only been really around here for just over a year. - while there is a learning curve things *do* come, it just takes time - give yourself some patience as there is a TON of information and syntax and language and such to learn - but you CAN do it, i promise.

up until 1 year ago the most programming i had done was some html, or some basic mysql/apache web admin type stuff for hosting guild websites and dkp. It gets easier =p

Question - Using MQ2EQBC to control my Group!! Help needed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back