• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Using free Heroics to make a PL grp (1 Viewer)

RedCents
451¢
I have some alts that I am getting up to lvl 115 now, and I had a thought that since they're Krono'd and able to now PL players lvl 85+ that I could put together a lvl 100 heroic team to PL from 70 to 85. My initial thought was to do something like Sk/brd/shm/rng/rng/rng for a triple headshot group. Keep in mind, this is to get a character from 70-85 with level 100s. Maybe the answer is 6 rangers. Or 5 Rangers and a cleric. Would love some thoughts about places to hunt and what the group comp should be. Part of the allure here for me is that there's zero effort required besides just making and heroic'ing the toons.

I have some alts that I am getting up to lvl 115 now, and I had a thought that since they're Krono'd and able to now PL players lvl 85+ that I could put together a lvl 100 heroic team to PL from 70 to 85. My initial thought was to do something like Sk/brd/shm/rng/rng/rng for a triple headshot group. Keep in mind, this is to get a character from 70-85 with level 100s. Maybe the answer is 6 rangers. Or 5 Rangers and a cleric. Would love some thoughts about places to hunt and what the group comp should be. Part of the allure here for me is that there's zero effort required besides just making and heroic'ing the toons.
Rob hit the nail on the head. You need that meat shield. Also your group makeup will be at least one less member to allow for your little toon.

As far as I remember mobs lvl 85 and below won't hit above 1750 hp per swing. I recommend to check before taking the following into consideration.
SK, Clr, mage, druid, RNG, NEC.
Get SK the Wurmslayer so he won't get any damage if mobs hit for 1750 or less.
Druid for easy transport.
Mage, Ranger and SK himself to cast max Ds after pull and plee has hit all mobs at least once.
NEC for AOE-dmg-orb, instantly fd after the orb is casted, so he will not get any damage on his count.
Clr for occasional heal/rezz if things did not went as they should have. NB: no reverse Ds from cleric, as it's damage will count for the cleric.

Use ds-pl Methode.
SK clicks off all ds and runs off to grab a nice amount of mobs. Be careful to avoid ripostes as much as possible while pulling. Once back in camp be careful to turn the SKs back to all mobs, easiest to be done, if there is a corner the sk can run to.
Cast the SKs PbAoe-aggro at least once, when all mobs arrived. Attn to use the PbAoe with unlimited targets, not all fall into this category.
Once Aoe-aggro applied, hit all mob once with the plee.
Than cast all ds you can apply on the sk.
If you want the mobs to die faster, cast the AOE-dmg-orb with the nec and fd instantly.
Now sit sk until all mobs are dead.

Rinse and repeat.
That way all XP is applied to the plee.

Tank and CC will both pull their weight in a PL group. if you're in a PL area, its likely that one of your biggest bottlenecks isn't going to be your DPS but will be the amount of time you spend pulling and not having mobs in camp. any moments where you are doing zero dps brings down your average alot

when i PL i keep my tank holding down the camp and i just constantly drag big groups into him with my bard. CC if needed but usually the ripostes alone from my tank do significant damage so i let them hit me. SK with a 2h and a large group of mobs, your DPS will pay for itself. stack up all the damage shields on him too. i think the SK pulls his weight in damage alone with those factors.

@jh86 love the spirit but that's a horrible idea. Nothing exposes you more than pwlvl'ing strangers

Now if it's just for you...go bananas...and yea tank/bard/enc/cleric...

Episode 2 Nod GIF by PBS

You don’t need a tank, mage pets tank great.

For power leveling 70-100, a level 100 monk can get them 70-90 in a day in ferrott by himself. Grounds is also an option for 70-95 but it would probably take two days of macroing.

Is it easy to set up rangers to just range kill instead of melee? I would think rogues better but I don't know.

Question - Using free Heroics to make a PL grp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back