• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

URGENT: Flash Developer wanted (1 Viewer)

BlackObsidian

RedCents
Hi folks!

I have a very good knowledge of Web Dev and Design (HTML, CSS, Photoshop, JS etc) and a basic knowledge of Flash but nothing outstanding, however I've had a contract come through for a basic flash game...

The game basically needs to be simple, fun and addictive and be able to create a leaderboard for a competition. Also re-brandable would be good.

Question 1: How hard would it be to learn and program myself with no knowledge of Action Script currently?

Question 2: Are any of you guys proficient enough to want to earn some cash doing this? Preferably you'll be UK-based and trustworthy.

Cheers! :D

Most web design stuff isn't that difficult to learn. I'm currently doing web design and I came in not knowing PHP and having very little knowledge about JavaScript. Took me about a week to get to the point where I'm developing everything into dynamic AJAX objects.

Action Script isn't desparately hard from what I hear, but don't take my word for it. To be honest, I believe most flash games are developed in conjunction with Java, so Action Script isn't necessarily what you'll need to know.

Cheers Teach and General!

The contract came through a friend of my sister's. He mentioned what he was looking for and she told him about what I used to do and what I'm doing now (Currently a QA Engineer, used to be a Games Tester but also used to be a Web Dev)

It was more of a "I have this to get done and your sister mentioned you so can you do it or do you know anyone who can?" than them actively seeking me personally.

I think I've found a solution though so it's all good. :)

Cheeerrss!

URGENT: Flash Developer wanted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back