• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Upgrading your high level toons to Heroic (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,117¢
I might be a little late in the game with this, but I hadn't played my mains for a few days since I was busy tinkering with my Hero team. I finally decided to upgrade my mains that I box regularly to Heroic. For the rest of the day nothing worked right. Not buffing right, not healing, not nuking, etc. Then I realized that upgrading my level 100s to Heroic overwrote all my old rank I spells with Rk. II spells. It also gave me all the spells/discs I was missing (woot!!) even the level 100 ones. So...

If you upgrade your toon, be sure to add "Rk. II" to the end of the spells in your INI files!!!

NERFED!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I need to log in and make sure they didn't roll back!

According to the patch notes, they made the spells you weren't supposed to get level 255 and they "can safely be removed from your spellbook." I.e., you won't be able to use them.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone confirm this is the case? I didn't heroic any level 100's

I spoke with someone on my server last night who upgraded their level 100 earlier and they said they still had their rank 2 spells. Hope it doesn't roll back for you guys!

I checked and all my Rank II spells are there. This is including the level 100 Rk II spells that were granted to me even though I didn't even have Rank 1. I didn't see any of the level 255 spells. That's probably isolated to one class.

nope it was patched, I tried it about 2 weeks ago, it now only gives you all the 1-85 stuff as intended....

Another reason to upgrade a toon higher than 85, is for the heroic augs, they are marked as non-PRESTIGE. Now that might not sound amazing but in the level range of 86 to 100, there are not that many non-PRESITGE augs to choose from. If you are like me and have a whole army of high level free accounts, some of the 20 augs that are available are a nice to have at level 100, especially if you need to fill some aug slots in on a tank or puller.

Strategy - Upgrading your high level toons to Heroic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back