• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

H.U.D. - Updated melee/spell filtering system (1 Viewer)

masfirme2

RedCents
95¢
I just came back to the game a week ago after leaving after RoS, so somewhere between then and now they completely destroyed the melee chat window filter spam. It's insane. I play a ranger and everytime i shoot with autofire it tells me in brackets what type of shot it was afterwards, super annoying. I know there has to be a pretty simple way to revert it (between patches) back to where melee dmg would just show as melee or non-melee, and crits would be highlighted the way that they always were. Unless its something serverside that can't be altered. I know an easy fix is using abbreviated, but thats like broken english and way too simplified, plus it doesnt show crits. I've poked around a little bit in the files because i've messed with soundasset and stuff like that, but I wasnt able to find anything. I also searched around here a bit and didnt see anything.

anyone else bothered by this? All the healing and stuff is excessive also, but thats easily fixed.

Thanks in advance!

I personally like it, the more information the better (because I'm not watching the logs live anyway -- that's not been a useful thing for a very long time). But if you really want it to go away, check out the eqstr file. It's the localization file that does string lookups before displaying them; you can probably edit that to shorten the log messages (and lose all that wonderful information).

I personally like it, the more information the better (because I'm not watching the logs live anyway -- that's not been a useful thing for a very long time). But if you really want it to go away, check out the eqstr file. It's the localization file that does string lookups before displaying them; you can probably edit that to shorten the log messages (and lose all that wonderful information).
ty. i could see for certain classes, but with autofire on the dmg spams so fast i cant read it and its just this annoying bracket of info i see. that and im a huge creature of habit. but thx again, if not i guess ill figure someway to minimize it. i just started digging into filters and i just feel like they added a ton of info. the hyperlink spell thing is kinda useful. ive literally been playing with setting up ui's for 2 days, i had a half decent one, but they changed all the AA's, kind of a mess.

So weird, i open that file and its in my EQ folder where I play on live, but it has all kinds of text from the emu server i was on lol. i got a mess going on here its time for a EQ reinstall. btw I hit the red cent thing and it only gave you one, idk if thats what it does or I just dont know how to do it. appreciate the help

H.U.D. - Updated melee/spell filtering system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back