• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

H.U.D. - Updated melee/spell filtering system (1 Viewer)

RedCents
95¢
I just came back to the game a week ago after leaving after RoS, so somewhere between then and now they completely destroyed the melee chat window filter spam. It's insane. I play a ranger and everytime i shoot with autofire it tells me in brackets what type of shot it was afterwards, super annoying. I know there has to be a pretty simple way to revert it (between patches) back to where melee dmg would just show as melee or non-melee, and crits would be highlighted the way that they always were. Unless its something serverside that can't be altered. I know an easy fix is using abbreviated, but thats like broken english and way too simplified, plus it doesnt show crits. I've poked around a little bit in the files because i've messed with soundasset and stuff like that, but I wasnt able to find anything. I also searched around here a bit and didnt see anything.

anyone else bothered by this? All the healing and stuff is excessive also, but thats easily fixed.

Thanks in advance!

I personally like it, the more information the better (because I'm not watching the logs live anyway -- that's not been a useful thing for a very long time). But if you really want it to go away, check out the eqstr file. It's the localization file that does string lookups before displaying them; you can probably edit that to shorten the log messages (and lose all that wonderful information).

I personally like it, the more information the better (because I'm not watching the logs live anyway -- that's not been a useful thing for a very long time). But if you really want it to go away, check out the eqstr file. It's the localization file that does string lookups before displaying them; you can probably edit that to shorten the log messages (and lose all that wonderful information).
ty. i could see for certain classes, but with autofire on the dmg spams so fast i cant read it and its just this annoying bracket of info i see. that and im a huge creature of habit. but thx again, if not i guess ill figure someway to minimize it. i just started digging into filters and i just feel like they added a ton of info. the hyperlink spell thing is kinda useful. ive literally been playing with setting up ui's for 2 days, i had a half decent one, but they changed all the AA's, kind of a mess.

So weird, i open that file and its in my EQ folder where I play on live, but it has all kinds of text from the emu server i was on lol. i got a mess going on here its time for a EQ reinstall. btw I hit the red cent thing and it only gave you one, idk if thats what it does or I just dont know how to do it. appreciate the help

H.U.D. - Updated melee/spell filtering system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back