• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

UP Spawn Indicators=Targetable mobs? (1 Viewer)

Marbury

RedCents
121¢
So I was in UP the other day....and I was just playing around killing random things then i came across something weird.

I did /tar Shak Dathor Warlord and it came up with a green conning mob named
'Spawn DWarlordA"

Naturally I was like neat I just target a spawn location? So then I just sat at the spawn and chilled then BAM He popped within 8minutes and dropped this 74/90 100hp weapon like Great Hammer or something..ran to bazaar and someone gave me 190k and 100EE's within like 10mins....Might have been lucky on sale not sure?

Either way I went back to UP and was wondering what else worked

So I did /war Swormlord and it came up with 'Swarmlord SpawnB' and warped to that spot/chilled....it's a green con invisible, unhittable target. It changed to a mob called "Rubbling Earth" and then about 20seconds later Swarmlord spawned.

Not exactly sure what that is all about but if anyone can confirm what was going on and if that works in other zones that would be excellent...

checking this out right now, will post results

Edit: Just checked, /zone umbral, then attempted to /tar swarmlord and /tar shak dathor warlord, and got the typical "there are no spawns matching..." msgs

Tons of zones have these. They're not spawn locs you're targetting they are repop timers. Everyone from Halls of Honor to Plane of Sky can use them that I've seen, probably some oow/god/don/dodh stuff too havent noticed any there yet though . Usually level one mobs with odd names. In PoSky the mobs name spells something if you read it backwards..I forget what it is ..../shrug :) They also serve as event timers too sometimes

Maybe they each have different things for when they're up or down? I have never seen a spawn timer watching for when they are up though....Thats weird but if you test it probably upon his death the SwarmlordSpawnB thing might pop up

I forget what they were, but they weren't ground spawns or npc's. They were orange color by default on my Mq2map.....in South Karana. The Nice breeze, gentle breeze, coven guard and skeleton something....All by the druid rings, but invisible, unhittable etc. When you /whot them they come up as level 50 shadowmen *TIMER* blatantly in the MQ2chat wind

UP Spawn Indicators=Targetable mobs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back