• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Unparsable in Calculation: 'O' (1 Viewer)

Soandso2

RedCents
928¢
I tried this, but the macro breaks down when trying:

Sub Bind_Bam(string Command, string onoff)
/if (${Defined[Command]}) {
/declare valBool bool local
/if (${onoff} == on) {
/varset valBool true
} else {
/varset valBool false
/varset onoff off
}
/varset ${Command} ${valBool}
/echo ${Command} is \agon\ax.
}
/return

I get Unparsable in Calculation: 'O'
And something about non-numeric in "/if (on == on)". I do not see what is wrong. /if (on == on) is not wrong, as far as I can see?

Solution
On is not a thing that can be parsed.

it needs to be like "true == true" or "123 == 123"

You can use string tlo if you needed to compare strings, but id suggest using booleans rather than strings for on and off

You can use string tlo if you needed to compare strings, but id suggest using booleans rather than strings for on and off

Solution

Oh. Too many years of PHP coding makes IF ("123 == 123") seem very unusual, but alright, then I understand. Thanks.

/if (${onoff.Equal[on]}) {

That looks fancy and makes more sense (to me) than "on == on" as posted above. I will try this first. :)

Edit: Yeah that worked better :)

Last edited:
Question - Unparsable in Calculation: 'O'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back