• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Unofficial Item Set Thread (1 Viewer)

crackz

RedCents
Although most items meant to go together will tell you, there are also several sets that have no indication whatsoever. But if you can get your hands on a full set of these items, RPers can pay good money for it (or people who just like the look). So the point of this thread is for people who know of a set in this category to post about it. One I know is the "Ceremonial Leather" set, a bunch of greens/whites that randomly drop in the Barrens. There are a lot of sets like this out there, so try to keep it to the ones that look really cool together and/or RPers go crazy over.

When you say this are you talking about looks or names?
There are quite a few level 70 pieces of armor that are just different colored T2 pieces. Or are you talking about like "Bonelink Armor of the...." sets?

He just means nearly every single piece of green armor. Nevermind the fact that they're already blatantly identified by their names. Raider's, Defender's, Soldier's armors, etc. don't warrant a thread. :doh:

Wrong, in multiple places. First of all, It's not green sets with "_______ of the _____". That's really not even an item set you can get all of if you look at how many pieces there are due to different stat bonus items. Instead, it's item sets like the 6-piece shadoweave set, which look cool, or like the ceremonial leather set i previously mentioned, which RPers want. There's clearly a threshold if you'll look at the end of my post. This thread is meantfor people who know of a set like this to link/discuss it, for people who want an outfit or people who want to farm/buy pieces of an outfit to sell together for a larger price. Looking at all or even most of those item sets, even if they do have a common phrase identifying them or a common profession, would be very painstaking for one person, so it's collective effort rather. Please read more closely before you make such criticisms.

Um... That's exactly what I was referring to. :S

Perhaps the underlying problem is that no one here seriously roleplays, ergo no one will bother gathering these "sets".

Um... That's exactly what I was referring to. :S

Perhaps the underlying problem is that no one here seriously roleplays, ergo no one will bother gathering these "sets".

even if not to wear, sets can be gathered to sell. working with the auction house and knowing who'd want to buy your set, you can make a lot of money. I have about 2000 gold on my level 70 and most of it is from farming and buying individual items and then offering them to the right people as a full set. the shadoweave set is a great one to offer to shadow-specced priests in their mid to upper 40's for instance, because of its exlusively +shadow damage and slightly higher priority on spirit.

stats are all that matters, first and foremost. who cares what it looks like.

Actully it does matter to some people... i dont want to wear a pink dress that has 5654 armor. rather have somethin that makes you look badass when other players look at you. you dont want players thinkning you are a pansy.

One of my friends will sacrifice sensibility for fashion. It's gotten me killed before. Back in EQ1, he had to have a gossamer robe for his high elf mage because it was white, and she had white hair.

Yes... they exist.

One of my friends will sacrifice sensibility for fashion. It's gotten me killed before.

If you want to play a game that does NOT sacrifice sensibility for fashion, play City of Heroes/Villains. The problem there is that 99% of the players wouldn't know good fashion, even if they aggroed it from across the zone and it critically hit them on the rear torso hit location, for 50% of their health point total.

All hail "Hot Pants G", THE fashion disaster of the Virtue server. :D

Alihja said:
One of my friends will sacrifice sensibility for fashion. It's gotten me killed before. Back in EQ1, he had to have a gossamer robe for his high elf mage because it was white, and she had white hair.

I wore a crown of king tranix forever on my eq warrior simply because it had no graphic and old school eq helm graphics were terrible on some races.

Unofficial Item Set Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back