• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Uninstall/reinstall question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
81¢
I used reguides up until the mass suspensions a few years ago, and it's just been sitting on my computer since. While I was reading through some threads on the forums here, someone suggested that there has been enough changes to the program in the last few years so a clean install should be performed. I am planning on reactivating my sub this weekend, so I was looking for information on how to best go about uninstalling so I can perform a fresh install (or is that even necessary?). I checked google and searched the forums here, but haven't found anything definitive. I didn't see an uninstall option on the launcher, either. I thought I would turn to the experts here for advice.

Thanks in advance!

I used reguides up until the mass suspensions a few years ago, and it's just been sitting on my computer since. While I was reading through some threads on the forums here, someone suggested that there has been enough changes to the program in the last few years so a clean install should be performed. I am planning on reactivating my sub this weekend, so I was looking for information on how to best go about uninstalling so I can perform a fresh install (or is that even necessary?). I checked google and searched the forums here, but haven't found anything definitive. I didn't see an uninstall option on the launcher, either. I thought I would turn to the experts here for advice.

Thanks in advance!
macroquest isn't something that is "installed" many people say "reinstall" all the time but it isn't really like that.

RG can be removed - check your APPDATA folders and you can delete anything with redguides on it --- but frankly it is overkill.

I would run the RG launcher, go to settings, and choose a brand-new location to install and then start fresh that way --- the rest is prolly overkill

macroquest isn't something that is "installed" many people say "reinstall" all the time but it isn't really like that.

RG can be removed - check your APPDATA folders and you can delete anything with redguides on it --- but frankly it is overkill.

I would run the RG launcher, go to settings, and choose a brand-new location to install and then start fresh that way --- the rest is prolly overkill
Sounds good. Thank you for the advice!

Thanks in advance!
Epos your first 3 months of level 2 access are on me. Welcome back!

Question - Uninstall/reinstall question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back