• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Underwater - Kissassist - Character drifting away from fight (1 Viewer)

Ghosteagle153

RedCents
345¢
Afternoon!

Cobalt Scar - Tryin to farm the Dex aug out in Cobalt Scar that drops off Morwenna Undertow and encountered some weird movement issues. The Mq2 shaman would run off the screen in a random direction for no obvious reason. Found the character in the bottom SW corner, and other times he runs through every mob and gets killed training the zone. The Kissassist bard floats away and leaves the combat range of mobs on every single combat. I immediately started scouring the forums for help - and found there is some mesh issues in the water in this zone.

Problem - Kissassist - Bard 120 - The character drifts off and slowly pulls themselves out of the fight until eventually they have floated away and not doing anything. I have tried repositioning the character and after about 30 seconds the drifting away comes back. Luckily the return to camp works and the character returns back to their camp spot once the fight is over... but any time a mob is engaged the character just leaves the fight.
- Hoping there might be something that can help address this weird movement.

Fixed - For Mq2shaman plugin - There was a similar post in the forums and the recommended option was to check Usemelee - It worked - and luckily that toon isn't running off into nowhere now for zero reason. Usemelee worked great - and this character is working quite well now.

I haven't been able to find an answer to getting kissassist to keep the character locked to the mob - again it seems like a mesh issue, because it happens when the character tries to reposition themselves, and they end up floating away.

Hope there is something that might help!

this can sometimes be an mq2nav mesh issue

the ice right above a lot of that area is not differentiated as being less desirable to use to navigate

fighting in water generally is poopy

- the ice right above a lot of that area is not differentiated as being less desirable to use to navigate -

With this in mind... Could you park the characters in a position that does not have the ice above, and try to keep that ice out of the movement?

- the ice right above a lot of that area is not differentiated as being less desirable to use to navigate -

With this in mind... Could you park the characters in a position that does not have the ice above, and try to keep that ice out of the movement?
you can, but that might not fix your issue unfortunately.

I've done a lot of time at morweena, best results are being as low to the ocean floor as possible

- I've done a lot of time at morweena, best results are being as low to the ocean floor as possible -

I did that as well - I read that recommendation (on another post) and parked the characters as close to the seafloor as possible. For each character individually - I held down "end" and set the camp location. Tryin to ensure they had a "ground" to reference.

I had a lot of problems here too, once she throws my guys into the air, its a mess. My tank is on KA and the rest of the team in CWTN chase mode. I tried pulling down to camp with everyone in assist mode, because I had seen many people having success doing that. I have not yet wondered if it was a DPS matter where others were just killing faster so never got thrown out of the water.

k ya. I Hated that camp... I tried alot of different ways to do it. eventually i just turned off the abilities that made my guys jump. worked.. sucks... but made it palatable. I also would click on the come to me icon from time to time to reset them.
I think there was a nice little spot right by that huge underground wall right in the middle of the camp as well.
Small things. hope they help. farm that bish and gtfo while u still have your sanity

Thanks for the suggestion!

Going to be putting them all into action, gonna try the spot next to the wall, etc... The come to me button makes alot of sense, been alt tabbing over and then slowly getting the bard back into position - the come to me button should help keep the toon close and actually hitting mobs.

And yea, gonna get the augs and leave that spot lol. The water is just insane lol.

Problem - Underwater - Kissassist - Character drifting away from fight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back