• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Tech - Uncombine eqgame.exe tiles in Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

wackawacka

RedCents
1,002¢
I have hated trying to box since the update awhile back that screwed up the way EQ opens in windows 7. It causes all the tiles to combine and makes it difficult to click through them and if you drag one tile it drags them all. I have found a work around but the downside is I can't make it work with eqgame.exe patchme .

If it really frustrates you like it does me, then you won't mind the extra step. You have to start the game using the launcher for each eqgame.exe you the close the launcher and then run MQ2 and log into the accounts.

To fix the tiling in windows 7 take the following text and copy and paste it into notepad then save it as EQ.reg and double click it.

Rich (BB code):
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\eqgame.exe]
"IsHostApp"=""

Maybe someone smarter than me can make it work with patchme at the end but I have not be able too.

I know you can use the windows 7 tweaker program but hate having more stuff running on my PC.

Last edited:
I generally run 5 boxes at a time and they don't group up on me. I'll look around my settings and see if I can find the one that prevents it from happening.

Right click on taskbar choose Properties, From the Taskbar Tab, click on the dropdown for Taskbar Buttons: and choose Never combine. That's what I did.

Yes, but that makes the icon and every icon bigger, if you drag one trying to move them into a certain order like tank, healer, DPS, DPS and so on it will attach them all together, not allowing you to reorder them.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
CONTROL PANEL
DESKTOP
WindowMetrics
in Right window Right Click and create new Binary
Name it MinWidth
then right click to modify make the Value 38

- - - Updated - - -

Or just Download 7 taskbar tweaker its free

Tech - Uncombine eqgame.exe tiles in Windows 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back