• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - UI Issue (1 Viewer)

RedCents
620¢
Hi all thanks for looking at this thread, I appreciate your help.

So yesterday, I got MQ2 working just fine. However, my UI was changed. I wonder if I just need to go back in and put my old UI back or is there a way to convert it back to my original UI before I got MQ2 working?

Thanks !

Hi all thanks for looking at this thread, I appreciate your help.

So yesterday, I got MQ2 working just fine. However, my UI was changed. I wonder if I just need to go back in and put my old UI back or is there a way to convert it back to my original UI before I got MQ2 working?

Thanks !
You can use the EverQuest settings window to change your UI skin or you can use the /loadskin command.

Wholly up to you

Hmmmm, ok. I think the size of the boxes got increased? How do I change the size of the boxes and spell bar and such? Thank you! I went in a edited the UI with a custom on and its not in the /loadskin? Seems the graphics got reduced as well. I tried using the options to increase it, but its not working.

I have many characters and like my windows organized similarly across the spectrum for familiarity. There will be minor differences like hotkeys because of class differences. Whenever I make a new character, I'll go to options and click copy layout and use another name on the list that matches the class I want to copy. When I started out I didn't have a layout for every class, so I used one that functioned similarly and customized it from there.

If you have duplicate classes for the affected ui, you might try copy layout.

I went in a edited the UI with a custom on and its not in the /loadskin?
This doesn't make much sense. If you had a custom UI loaded, then it had to have it's own subfolder under the Everquest\UIfiles folder and would subsequently show up when you use /loadskin. If you are editing the default UI files, then EQ is going to overwrite them whenever EQ patches. If you do /loadskin and the only thing that shows up is Default, then you don't have a custom UI available. You don't have multiple installs of EQ do you and are looking in the wrong install folder?

Problem - UI Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back