• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Uh OH? (1 Viewer)

Zulan

RedCents
This message came from another board of MQ2 developers. I think is important for all of us to read it (I edited out the poster's name to:(---)):

"Originally posted by (---):
I’m sure that this will get to whoever is concerned, and I’m also hoping that our VIP users will be able to use this info to make informed decisions about using certain plugins...

If you are running any plugins that are sending packets, you are likely to get caught, the reason I say likely, is because I dont know what kind of logging soe has implemented serverside. But from looking at the client, I can tell you that it would be very trivial to detect people running plugins that are sending packets,

I will not disclose much info on how this encoding/decoding of the opcodes work, because its pretty easy to figure out, and thats not really what im warning you about...

Im saying that even if you can correctly generate a packet with the "correct" opcode (it is possible), IT is not your biggest problem, something else is... cough*packetcounters*cough...

So consider this a serious warning, DO NOT use any plugins that sends packets unless the author can explain what he has done to circumvent detection (if you buy plugins and all questions about this results in a locked topic on their forum, get out)

I should be fair, and say that I myself have no interest in sending packets, therefore no motivation to get it working, there might be a solution but I really dont see it right now except not sending packets.

You might be reading this and think that "aw, (---) is such a lamer, I know how to fix this"
Well good for you then, but please, let me respectfully doubt you and let the bannings begin. "

Just reading this post, there are many possibilities that come to my mind on defeating the problems with sending packets. First it is fairly easy to make a packet having a dynamic opcode so that it sends the same opcode as the correct packet that the client sent to the server.
As for packet counters, if its a byte in the packet, thats easilly modified for every packet that is sent whether by a command from mq2 or via the client as mq2 will filter both. If it isn't part of the packet that you're sending, there are other options. The first and foremost is that when you send a movement packet for warp or something else, the next movement packet that would be sent by the client is instead never sent.
Anyhow, the ideas can go on for pages :) but I think you get the point.

My accounts got Suspended after I did Plugins I didn't read the the DONT DO MVMENT PLUGINS till after. I feel so horrid I HAVE NO EQ /cry

Don't bust out your tinfoil hat yet. I know at least Tempors has a pretty good idea of how they're tracking it and has been working on it.

Uh OH?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back