• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Type 18 augs (1 Viewer)

dobby22

RedCents
457¢
Recently started doing ToS missions now that my crew is 120. Have already had a couple of the cloaks drop with the type 18 slot. What is the best/easiest aug I should go for on my sk? Do they all require tradeskills? I can't find much info on them honestly.

Recently started doing ToS missions now that my crew is 120. Have already had a couple of the cloaks drop with the type 18 slot. What is the best/easiest aug I should go for on my sk? Do they all require tradeskills? I can't find much info on them honestly.

Quickly! Begin running the 24th Anniversary mission from the historian in Cresent Reach. The reward for the simple 20 minute mission is a type 18 augment. There are 12 variants all group BIS for the specific type or focus.

A good one for your SK would be the Acolyte's Defense which adds a 6% bonus to your AC softcap. I also use the Fortification and the Defending Magic.

I see there are some that drop from the 24th anny mission chest now. Looks like I would want to go do that until I get the ac soft cap aug?

The next best ones take a lot of work, you get them as you evolve the Rallos Zek Earring. Tradeskills heavily involved.

Otherwise, type 18s drop off random named mobs especially in the central pit of Mearatas in TBL expansion.

Quickly! Begin running the 24th Anniversary mission from the historian in Cresent Reach. The reward for the simple 20 minute mission is a type 18 augment. There are 12 variants all group BIS for the specific type or focus.

A good one for your SK would be the Acolyte's Defense which adds a 6% bonus to your AC softcap. I also use the Fortification and the Defending Magic.
And he does mean quickly. Generally quicker than this....

Sloth.gif

Enhancement, attacker and casting, are the only 3 worth anything. Rest = destroy.
RZ variations for ventral or soothing are better.
BE variations for ventral or soothing are better than the acolytes selenelion variations, but worse than the RZ versions.

RZ variations for ventral or soothing are better.
BE variations for ventral or soothing are better than the acolytes selenelion variations, but worse than the RZ versions.

Acolyte Sele in every case is better than RZ Acolyte. They have 10ac, 90HEM, 2 heroics more, and the same effects. They are also better than the same line whispering Midnight.

You are correct in that they are worse than RZ Devo / Blazing for any nonstackable mod, but if you're replacing a RZ:A or Whisper with Sele:A, which will depend both on whats in your type 19s and what slots you have access to, its always an upgrade (though potentially meager enough to not bother with if you dont want to keep running reetuk). This is relevant especially for people who are just starting the 18/19 farms and/or may not have multiple slot 19's available for a while.

Question - Type 18 augs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back