• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - Twink gearing path (1 Viewer)

RedCents
815¢
If you have access to high level toons, as many here already do, what gearing path do you take for newly created alts (if not going the heroic toon route)?
I usually start off by gearing up Level 1 toons in ToV or VT gear. That usually fills most slots and stays solid for the first 50-60 levels. Along those times, I fill in missing slots or upgrade with Defiant drops along the way.

From 65, I start shopping around old PoP raid targets up through some PoTime clearings.
Lvl 70 - Citadel of Anguish
Lvl 85 - UF and HoT raid targets
Lvl 92 - RoF raid targets
Lvl 100 - CoTF raid targets

After those, I pretty much have exhausted the non-prestige raid drops and stick with those until ToV t1 gear from Griklor runs.

After my first crew of six I actually stopped bothering to gear until 110.

Just using my SK to PL, get them to 90, pop them in a group and forget about them until they hit 110.

It's a lot of time and effort to gear up and stop along the way to figure out gear for a group, so I say skip it!

Just using my SK to PL, get them to 90, pop them in a group and forget about them until they hit 110.

It's a lot of time and effort to gear up and stop along the way to figure out gear for a group, so I say skip it!
Yeah, that is true, but can't say it isn't fun having a super twink group mowing stuff down in the early levels. Having 1000hp unbuffed in the tutorial is hilarious :)

Not really twinking yet, but it's a path:

1-13 Tutorial gear.
13-20 Tutorial gear, Druid power level.
20-75 Tutorial gear, golden pickaxe. sk power level.
75-105 TBM starter gear, then group mission gear and augments. EoK and beyond. It helps when using level 75 ftp characters limited to 250 aa to have 115 buffers. They become, OP.

Last edited:

This is the way. They may get smoked by an AE or something, but it's still way faster to rez and sit them down again, than actually farm gear.

If you hit an exp bonus weekend or something, you can go from zero to 120 in a weekend. Half that on test server.

I make all my new toons Heroic 100 then Power Level them to 120. I don't gear at all until 115 at the earliest. 120 if I can help it. Gear depends on what I've collected and put back for that specific toon. I try to have the armor and weapons in place when I make a toon.

I will say this, I won't do a full new group from scratch level 1 at the same time again if I'm not PLing. My main group right now is approaching 115 and max aa. Bard is 113 and full aa except TS, he is going full regular xp til 114. My 5 boxes should be damn close ro 115 and max by the time their krono run out.

I tend not to do any real gear till 120, but I have 12+ characters I can use for PL'ing so even if I did gear up a character they wouldn't significantly speed up the process.

When I get this next batch of toons to 120. I'm going to do that Iksar group I wanted to do. From level 1. I always tell people it's EVERquest but I've been playing like it's Heroic 100 then PL to 120 Quest.

Discussion - Twink gearing path

Users who are viewing this thread

Back