• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

TurkReno's Answers to the Public (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonka Trucks

RedCents
20¢
Q: Why no more pre-compiles?

A: It’s quite simple. The administration of RedGuides has allowed far too much drama towards whom they relied upon to do pre-compiles as of late and has failed to take any serious measure against protecting their user-base against upcoming changes to the EverQuest servers, or attempt to make anti-detection methods public. This serves an elitist mindset whereas even the children who have the capability to create a simple macro to perform basic tasks are somehow above the rules of flaming.

Q: What does it mean to be above the rules of flaming on RedGuides?

A: Well, that’s quite simple as well. If you turn a blind eye to it, then it doesn’t exist, much like the “secret plugins”. The administration and moderators have failed to properly address people who break forum rules, thus making it organized chaos to suit their likes and dislikes. There should be no censorship, however when it comes to degrading, flaming, or berating someone be it by “red cents” or post, these comments are far over looked and sometimes adding mocking by the administration in their own witty context. Specficially to the people who are elitists: I really hope that one day you find what it is you're trying to protect but never had to begin with.

Q: Will I continue to pre-compile in private?

A: No. The people who I consider my friends who are distant, but I talk to in real life, compile MacroQuest2 themselves. There is no reason for me to continue as I’ve learned all I need to learn about the type of community I’m dealing with per the administration, I’ve learned all I care to about C++ for the time being, and I don’t even really play EverQuest anymore except to appease my extreme boredom.

Q: Is support continued for past pre-compiles?

A: No. Since the source no longer works, the most recent source is the source that is currently being supported but just not by me. This does not mean that I’m not open to questions, but it does mean that I’m not going to post another pre-compile.

Q: Do I appreciate all of the positive letters of encouragement that I’ve received in my PM and E-Mails lately? Has all of that gone unheard?

A: Of course I appreciate all of the “Thank You” letters and no they have not gone unheard. I just wish things would have turned out better for the entire MQ2 community, but self-defeating attitudes never get anything anywhere. I wish the best of luck to all of you and I’ll be around when I’m needed.

P. S. I have good feelings that this thread will not last long, even being locked. However, thank you all again for all of your support.

Sincerely,

TurkReno

forumsuicide2ya.jpg

TurkReno's Answers to the Public
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back