• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

trying to keep my other accounts.. (1 Viewer)

gardenia

RedCents
Situation....my brother in law gave me his EQ peep, because he went to WoW....

He is now my x-brother in law as of today....so of course I am worried about that account and the 2 other accounts that his friends gave to me.

I was looking at the eq website..and I can transfer one peep from one account to another account (was going to go to the store, start up a brand new account and transfer it from the original account in question....)

Now..the other account has been on my credit card for a year now...but I don't have my brother in laws original CC info......If I am sucessful in transfering the peeps to new accounts that I buy.....does anyone know if he would still be able to get his peep back after (hopefully) I move it to my new account?....

and is this even the way to go? seems like I remember there was something where you could sell your account through sony..but that would seem to be a more difficult thing to swing compared to just transfering it to a new account.

any info would be excellent..i have to act quickly.

first.. you will be lucky if you can get the toons transfered... your not original owner.. and don't have original info

second .. if he does have the info and wants to be an ass.. he can get the original accounts back ...

BUT if you are successful in the toon transfer i believe he would be hard pressed to get those toons back

GL with this .. let us know how it turns out

ARMY

I've transfered a ton of toons off accounts that weren't originally mine.... Make sure both Billing infos are identical and match what you are going to pay with. They usually don't care they are getting $50

Both times I tried to transfer toons from accounts I wasn't the original owner of I was successful. I had been paying for both accounts for over a year, and both had been active the entire time.

I think since they started their own transfer services they have relaxed their checking on the 'original owner' thing.

I just recently did exactly what you are trying to do. I moved a 65 rogue and 57 ranger from an account I got from a friend who quit over a ago. I wanted to get them on to an account I owned, so I went and bought the Titanium pack and registered it, the almost immediately requested the transfer and was successful. The transfer happened within 24 hours. I cancelled the 'friends' account permanently that AM.

I'd say go for it. All SoE cares about is collecting your transfer fees and monthly charges.

OK i got a toon transfered.... to an account in my name...

WOOT never thought it would happen ....

VET AA do not transfer .. but what is worse.. i /veteran on the toon i transfered... and it will not let me do that since the server recognizes it as having already having the vet reward

int he AA tab .. no veteran tab .. so i will /bug report or /petition to see if they can fix it ..

8-)

GO ARMY

8-)

Army,

Same thing happened to my rogue when I moved her. You wont see an AA tab will you get the first year reward to use. Kinda blows not having LoTD, and Expedient Recovery =(

ahhh OK got ya ... interesting to know .. thanks DD

Bob .. it took a couple days ... i got the first email that says "you wanna do this...."

then a couple days later i got the "its done fool" email

was rather fast....

i bought 2 more sets of disks.. and i am doing 3 more toons...

I did the request on friday .. so we shall see when next week it is done...

8-)

ARMY

Do you have to get a new clean account, or move them to an existing account? I have my main boxes with 6 vets on each, but not all toons claimed...so in theory I could move one off a low vet acct to one that has more?

OK i used 2 brand new accounts on friday ... got them on my way home

registered them both .. and put in the char move with sony right after

BOTH sets of toons were moved this morning..

So .. 24-28 hours TOPS to move toons

I have not tried moving from one old account to another old account...

my plan is to take these accounts that i have bought or been given and move the toons i have been working for the last year... to an account started by me.. and in my name

8-)

yes i know i will lose vet rewards... but there was once a time when there were no vet rewards.. so ....

so be it

8-)

ARMY

Ok guys I am in a similar boat, I bought a cleric account bucause I was to lazy to level up, its my healing bot to my mains. Now I believe that the guy who sold it is a scammer. Since I noticed looking through the history that it have been transfered and a few times for other peeps and the original owner ended up with the account back.. Guess he stole it back. When I bought it I asked for all the account info keys cc birthday secret question, I know he gave me his b-day, and address where right since it was the billing info..... Anyways I want to transfer to a clean account. How do I do this, so its a account with items, to another account no changer in server. What info do I need so it will go through the bot and not have to deal with a sony rep??? PLease help

trying to keep my other accounts..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back