• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Trying to do some capabilities research prior to buying in. (1 Viewer)

unknown0021

RedCents
Newbie here and had a question. Did some looking around on any of the post I had access to as Level 1 but did not have any luck. Was thinking of playing me some EQ1 again and came across this site. I would like to know if it is possible to have a Mage Pet as main tank when macroing. Haven't used any MQ2 before so its all kinda new to me.

Thanks in advance.

You can have Mage pet as a tank when macroing, but you will have to be at the keyboard for this setup. I have heard rumors that there will be a build soon that allows full AFK Mage pet tanks.

I just use a Merc tank on my team when I want to go full AFK for level/AA grind. When a named spawns or I want to try something hard I pull out the Mage pet and take control for a few mins. All I have to do when the mage pet tanks is time when to press pet attack and keep the mob away from the group. The mage is still running a macro. Basically you just need to make sure the pull goes well.

If you decide to try Mage pet tank let me know, because I have some tips to make it go better. Just removing a few lines of code from kissassist.

A merc tank will do just fine with good heals all the way up to RoF T2. Beyond RoF T2 you will need a good player tank or your Mage pet for named.

Thanks info is much appreciated. Will definitely reach out if i decide to try out the mage pet tank. One more question any idea how effective a mage ranger duo with the pair of mercs may be?

Thanks again.

They'd work ok together if use a merc tank and cleric, no slows and lacking in buffs though so while you'd be ok with any trash mobs a lot of named will be too tough for you. Add in a shaman or bard to give yourself a full group and you'd be better off.

It is possible to do anything you can do in game via mq2 plus stuff you cant do in game. The responses to the OP question are all directed at what KISS.mac can do, but that wasnt really his question. Depending on what mac/plugin you use, you can absolutely pet tank or automate anything. It may take some research on your part to find those answers though.

I run a mage/ranger as my main set up. If you are at the keyboard, as others have said, then you can use MQ2 and Kissassist really well. I set my mage to assist ranger at 100%. Then I pull a mob into camp, being sure to park the ranger out of melee range, and the mage pet takes over as tank. I use a wiz and healer merc. Anytime I want to run these two in a group, I pop a tank so others can melee. I also use a chanter and bard with my ranger and mage, but even with maxed merc AA and gear the tank will fold on most named. To truly pet tank, you need to be at the keys or a macro other than kissassist.

That said, it is extremely worth getting a subscription here.

Question - Trying to do some capabilities research prior to buying in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back