• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

trouble logging into eq (1 Viewer)

blasphin

RedCents
is anyone having trouble connecting this morning. neither account can establish a connection to the game and then it doesnt connect to eqplayers or the everquest site. Thought I would see if servers were down. I did see another sony game site and travel the internet to various sites, just cant establish a connection to everquest.
thanks

i try win eq but i always get a screen that has no graphics only txt on it ? what do i need to do to fix that

go ahead and smack me i was using eq windows, and all that came up was the eq window and all graphics were missing they were black and was just getting the eula txt ... i just downloaded wineq and subscribed to it, figured wth its 36 bucks no biggy.. btw wow eq windows compared to win eq is like a ford to a masarati... but anyways no i still cant login

I think, someone spilled their go juice on sonys mainframe haha.. or tripped over a powercord or something.

that sucks u all cant log in my toons are just left logged in hehe

But just to makes yas feel better i tried to log a toon in and yea no go

anyone got any ideas as whats going on other then sony is just being ..... sony? the least they could do is get their website working to tell us haha.

actualy i just got a message change from trying to login a breakthrough batman!!!

instead of unable to connect... the login server is currently unavail, please try again later... yah at least you can connect to them to get a rejected message now so hopefully soon.

you know what would rock, l ike an auto login macro to freaking hammer their server untill it gets in then once it gets in the clapping audio file from sim city!! just my 2 cents =)

i cant figure out how to set up tiling with wineq , i have all 4 accnts up waiting to login and go kill a few certtain mobs but cant make wineq tile them. does it only do it after they are logged in?

/sigh I crashed on 1 comp cant get back on now lol the other still running strong. . .crossing my fingers that one dont crash too. . .Gotta love sony

when i clcik the icon to load EQ it takes about 3 mins then it comes up with a connection error, this what yall referring to i assume? and same hrere with the website, cant connect to it.

login server is up but no servers listed as of yet. at least for me anyways

correction, was up.. i have 2 accnts at login server other 2 cant get in now.. getting unavail mesage they are definitly working on it this is fairly fast for sony knock on wood

hmm, i still gettin the cannot connect to server message tho. sony's whole system must-a went down me thinks lol. anyone else have progress?

okay got an official update, im in chat rooms, right now people still are playing and have accounts at char screen and even in game, so its gotta be a gateway or something i dont know how they hvae servers set up but , the actual game server differs from login server and website server, and my gues would be that the login server is the gateway to the game server, since login is down you cant login but if your in game right now, you can still play cause that server didnt go down at all my irl best friend is online right now slaughtering trak as we speak.

yea I thought something was funny this morning when i came to my cpu and did a /list 1 to see who was on and it replied with u are not in channel 1. . .hmm i thought cause i am always in that channel so shruged it off and joined not 10 min later i wasnt in the channel again. . checked other toons they were also not in the channel. . ./applaud sony

/agree if they give us double exp for this, ill be extactic and it will be worth it =) 14% a kill of AA at 60 in my special spot for my twink warrior, 3 accounts to pl with i get like 1 kill a minute =) double exp weekend 28% aa a kill mwuahahah helloe maxed aa.. lvl 65 and maxed aa again $$

nope not cs at all =) ill share when im done pling my wizard last class to go and ill have a 75 of every class in game spread out across 4 accnts total $$ the sad thing is most of them were leveld legit i did most of it when i was a teen at home the last 10 lvls were macroquested wish i found out sooner about it lol.

Now, You will need to create a shortcut to launch Everquest and Bypass the patcher. You will need to do this so that you don't launch the patcher and replace the EQHost file that you just edited. To do this, go into your Everquest Directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE File. Right click and select "Create Shortcut". You may Rename this shortcut, and drag it anywhere youd like (Most people like to put it on their desktop.) Now right click that shortcut, and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the real eqgame.exe. We need to edit this so that it will pass an argument to that executable. At the end of the box (AFTER Any Parenthases) add "patchme" (Without the quotes.) Your target box should look similar to this:

taken from eqemulator site.

nice, still says "login server is not up, pkease try again later' or something to that effect :(

quick note ~ thanks EQ, my wife is making clean the house since i have all this free time ,,I,,

lol poor shammie although i might do the same thing here soon might be better than sitting here praying i can get back on lol. . .on another note I want to thank sony for My lotd not working when i popped it a few minutes ago got reg xp but timer went off and now i have to wait another 24 hours *sob*

I had 4 accounts on earlier and logged on pc to reboot. I could not get back in but other account was working fine for an hour or so.

trouble logging into eq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back