• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Toons freezes at stage 3 Taledor. (1 Viewer)

Peppe

RedCents
1,182¢
As Topic.

Why does my 5 toons refuse to move or follow me after the 3rd phase of Taledor RoS?

Totally refuses to move an inch, I must turn of MQ2 and manually run to me (Leader)

-KissAssist (Latest Ver)
-EverQuest 1
-MacroQuest

Mission: Talendor.

Videos of other that does Talendor does not have that problem with boxning.

Thanks!

is it possible you have a break in your nav mesh?

you can view this by doing a /nav ui and then clicking the box to "render navigation mesh" and if you have any non-blue areas, those would be offmesh.

Another thing that comes to mind, is taking them out of chase - do you have a hotkey that might be stopping them from chasing you?

Haven't noticed this issue on this mission that I know of but when I have issues with toons in Chase mode I will click the "Follow Me" button and once they start moving again turn the follow me off usually helps me get toons unstuck majority of the time (unless they are hung up on a rock or something)

I will check my mesh asap.

I do have a hotkey that removes the chasing, problem is, I need to tab down on all toons.. and then times up ''you are not fighting'' -Talendor says, mission restarts.

Might tell, I do not use EQBC, I never got that one to work.

is it possible you have a break in your nav mesh?

you can view this by doing a /nav ui and then clicking the box to "render navigation mesh" and if you have any non-blue areas, those would be offmesh.

Another thing that comes to mind, is taking them out of chase - do you have a hotkey that might be stopping them from chasing you?

Just to be sure, I will do the /Nav ui in the Veshaan's Peak? So the mesh can run it scan.

Ive done this a few times and Chase mode I dont like for it...
I dont drive with a tank either...

I found it easier once I got past the raptors to goto the other end before the Drake part, set a campfire, have the bots follow me, once the drakes ago, I have keys to instantly to set bots in and out of pause mode, the SK instantly AOE Hates and I burn them down with my main ranger. This is the most pain in the ass part, my opinion, then its onto the final part.

YOU Definitely need EQBCS to work, cause any time not enaged with Talandor and your going to reset it..

No solution?
well, didn't hear back if you checked your mesh for breaks and such?

did you have a chance to do that? if so, were there breaks?

Ive done this a few times and Chase mode I dont like for it...
I dont drive with a tank either...

I found it easier once I got past the raptors to goto the other end before the Drake part, set a campfire, have the bots follow me, once the drakes ago, I have keys to instantly to set bots in and out of pause mode, the SK instantly AOE Hates and I burn them down with my main ranger. This is the most pain in the ass part, my opinion, then its onto the final part.

YOU Definitely need EQBCS to work, cause any time not enaged with Talandor and your going to reset it..
yup, if you have breaks in your mesh, chase mode in the plugins don't work as they use mq2nav.

so you wanna fix any mesh issues so you can use nav

I apologize if i sound like an ass... I had the same issue when i started with this.. meaning, i couldn't get the EQBCS2 to work. it worked the first time i did it, then never again.. I asked about it and was told to do a few things...
K... "VERY VANILLA" --> top left... to the right of HOME... Check ( as in check it off ) "Launch EQBCS with MQ2"... to the right of that... in the box, ---> set to EQBCS2 ( that's the one i use)
Hit the "LAUNCH MQ2" button on the right side, top of the panel below the Reinstall/Update box
This Brings up your MQ2 icon on taskbar... right click that...
Go up to ---> MQ2Login is ---> set to Enabled
Go up to ---> Start EQBC Server ---> click that puppy... It will bring up a new box. ( mines on top left of my screen ) --->Click ---> "Standalone"
Shrink boxes out of your way...

Once u have your guys online do your /mac kissassist to set your guys up.. Set that to do that automatically ( The videos r awesome with all of this btw, But people like me miss the small things ) So I learn the hard way... but honestly. this Info once i got it and actually understood it, worked. My stuff works now and I am learning how to do stuff.

Hopefully I didn't miss the mark here> i did have the exact same issue and this fixed it for me. ( kinda looks like you already know all this so, apologies If this wasn't at all helpful. If MQ2 works for you, it should let you have your guys follow using the program instead of doing it manually....

( Also, If you are doing it manually, Have you tried to set up a /bcaa command to force your guys to follow you? so u don't have to flip thru each one )
Again, not trying to be an ass, just trying to help based on the problems i had and the solutions given to me

Drazzi

Throwing in my redcents in to it. I went into the directory and made a shortcut for EQBCS2. Now I just open up the RG Launcher let it update things. Click on the shortcut I just made and EQBCS window pops up. I minamize the window then launch MQNext. Load up my group and things work fine. I have a few ingame macros that I use first before I get going. Most of the macros have commands to use BCG and BCGA for the group.

Hope this helps.
Zeb

Throwing in my redcents in to it. I went into the directory and made a shortcut for EQBCS2. Now I just open up the RG Launcher let it update things. Click on the shortcut I just made and EQBCS window pops up. I minamize the window then launch MQNext. Load up my group and things work fine. I have a few ingame macros that I use first before I get going. Most of the macros have commands to use BCG and BCGA for the group.

Hope this helps.
Zeb
mq "next" has a new all-in-one-super-Knightly-Helmet_over_9000 EQBCS in the next install. that should do all the goods that eqbcs/eqbcs2 etc offers

I apologize if i sound like an ass... I had the same issue when i started with this.. meaning, i couldn't get the EQBCS2 to work. it worked the first time i did it, then never again.. I asked about it and was told to do a few things...
K... "VERY VANILLA" --> top left... to the right of HOME... Check ( as in check it off ) "Launch EQBCS with MQ2"... to the right of that... in the box, ---> set to EQBCS2 ( that's the one i use)
Hit the "LAUNCH MQ2" button on the right side, top of the panel below the Reinstall/Update box
This Brings up your MQ2 icon on taskbar... right click that...
Go up to ---> MQ2Login is ---> set to Enabled
Go up to ---> Start EQBC Server ---> click that puppy... It will bring up a new box. ( mines on top left of my screen ) --->Click ---> "Standalone"
Shrink boxes out of your way...

Once u have your guys online do your /mac kissassist to set your guys up.. Set that to do that automatically ( The videos r awesome with all of this btw, But people like me miss the small things ) So I learn the hard way... but honestly. this Info once i got it and actually understood it, worked. My stuff works now and I am learning how to do stuff.

Hopefully I didn't miss the mark here> i did have the exact same issue and this fixed it for me. ( kinda looks like you already know all this so, apologies If this wasn't at all helpful. If MQ2 works for you, it should let you have your guys follow using the program instead of doing it manually....

( Also, If you are doing it manually, Have you tried to set up a /bcaa command to force your guys to follow you? so u don't have to flip thru each one )
Again, not trying to be an ass, just trying to help based on the problems i had and the solutions given to me

Drazzi

Last time I tried to get EQBCS to work, they said something about open ports in the router allow in Firewall and much more.. is a chapter of its own that one =P

Either way, if the Camp strategy works I'm gonna be happy =)

Problem - Toons freezes at stage 3 Taledor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back