• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - To Whom It May Concern - Mercenary of Thuliasaur Island (1 Viewer)

RedCents
5,964¢
Really scratching my head on this quest. I'm running my crew through Heroic AA back flags and one part of the process is the Mercenary of Thuliasaur Island. The very last quest I'm doing in this set is To Whom It May Concern. I have eight characters doing this quest. Seven of them finished it. Three of those finished it on the first go. Two more took a second go. One in three. Two in four. My last character has gone eight times now and still the quest won't recognize as completed. Why the multiple tries? It seems this quest can get to a state where every step in the quest is green (i.e., the conditions for the step are satisfied), but the final reward isn't given. The only solution that seemed to work is drop the quest and do it over. I've even petitioned and the GMs first response was it "is a solo task, as you were grouped while conducting this task it may not update properly". I know GMs can be dense, but this response took me aback. Eventually, they responded that it may be a bug, follow that process, and ask for help on the forums.

I've tried it several different ways. Nothing I've done for this one character seems to make a difference. Any advice here?

To Whom It May Concern.png

Did you try the combat options listed in
INI:
getting him to respond

You have to knock him down to 15% before you talk to him.
----
I had trouble getting him to respond to me to get the update after inspecting the remains..
Nothing worked for me until i read the whole convo between yourself and him..
I SPAMMED LUCKY 3 times to him in eldar dragon without going through the rest of dialog and it go the update
----
i did the quest today. Tyglaria came up after /inspect the remains. he did not react on my words at the first time. i had to relog, /inpect again and tell (spam) him again that silwat send me. lately he react on my word, seems you have to type every trigger-words, otherwise he is not interested.
Finaly got taskup and continued quest.

I recall having the same type of problem back in 2018 when I did it on my toons.

Well, not sure why it worked by not following the dialog for Tyglaria, but going straight to "lucky" (twice) on that last go got me past the ending. Thankfully I'm done with this zone.

For the record, others that followed the fully documented process were successful with the quest.

Question - To Whom It May Concern - Mercenary of Thuliasaur Island

Users who are viewing this thread

Back