• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - title/name of ingame windows (1 Viewer)

I want to close ingame windows for my boxes via hotkey.

/bcaa //windowstate TaskWnd close

I use this for the taskwindow and would like to do the same for the expedition window. How can I see the name of the window? /windowstate ExpWnd close doesnt work.

Thankies
next has a built in windows-inspector thing

for live_current_not_next_MacroQuest2_The_Version_You_Get_From_VeryVanillaLauncer you could use mq2hud with the "dev" setup many of us use that displays window information upon mouseover

like > here <

edit: there cleared up the "since this is getting confusing"

Last edited:
And to be clear, since it's getting confusing -- next does work on Live EQ. The window inspector is in the menu on the console and allows you to click the target button and select a window. It'll show you all of the parents to get to that specific area.

updated "live" to "live_current_not_next_MacroQuest2_The_Version_You_Get_From_VeryVanillaLauncer " lest it gets confusing.
Do you have an estimated time when Next might be included in the VV launcher? As in something like the goal is November 1st or something like that

Do you have an estimated time when Next might be included in the VV launcher? As in something like the goal is November 1st or something like that
@r1pt1de was working on it but it's really just whenever he gets time.

The MacroQuest.exe in the zip file we put out checks for updates at startup and tells you when there is one though.

Question - title/name of ingame windows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back