• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Tip on leveling faster using Hatchery.mac (1 Viewer)

Ninjapickle

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
1,307¢
I use this a lot when making new toons. Please forgive me if someone else has posted this idea before, there's a LOT of info on this site and it's easy to overlook some things.
This requires you to have at least a 51 necro, and an additional "disposable" toon with ae, which is a bard in my case. I originally created the first bard I used just for hatchery, with no real intent on playing him. I just needed him for the AE. He leveled with the rest of the toons I was planning on using, and once they all hit 80, he just kind of got left hanging.
Then the light bulb went off. I logged onto my necro, and sacrificed the shit out of him. My plan was to just keep using him over and over this way, though I was sad to learn you can't sac them to lower than 45. That's ok, I can make this work.
So, I always use my druid to level my toons to 20-ish in Crescent Reach, then it's off to POK and the Hatchery. Now, I level them on their own in the Hatchery until they hit level 30, whereupon I group them with the 45 bard and have him as the leader. Now they're all going into a level 45 instance and get exp waaaay faster than at their own level, just like you would do with normal power leveling. Eventually they catch up, or get very close, so it's a case of diminishing returns. Still, it's far quicker and more efficient than I was doing to start with. Not to mention the crazy number of essence emeralds I have to use or sell.
Also, if you're not doing it, I highly recommend going ahead and popping lesson when doing hatchery. The timer only runs while in the instance and pauses in pok between runs, so my 30 min lesson goes much farther than normal.
Hopefully this helps a few folks. Enjoy!

EDIT: I forgot to mention using sacrifice.mac to automate the process of sacrificing of the bard.

Last edited:
Strategy - Tip on leveling faster using Hatchery.mac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back