• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Timing out a lot from zoning (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,432¢
I have been doing some of the anniversary quests and running through zones a lot, for some it times out my guys and I get maybe like 3-4 runs and I go to server select. It will not allow me to just go back in. I can change characters and that works for awhile, but the same thing will happen..
If I have one just sitting, they stay logged in all night.. zero issues.. I thought its a memory thing.. so I rebooted and went to stick mode, etc...still happens. Even on a brand new laptop that never had EQ, with a fresh install. My tinfoil hat is calling my name that the powers that be are onto me running luas...eek.
Anyone else been experiencing this?

I have been doing some of the anniversary quests and running through zones a lot, for some it times out my guys and I get maybe like 3-4 runs and I go to server select. It will not allow me to just go back in. I can change characters and that works for awhile, but the same thing will happen..
If I have one just sitting, they stay logged in all night.. zero issues.. I thought its a memory thing.. so I rebooted and went to stick mode, etc...still happens. Even on a brand new laptop that never had EQ, with a fresh install. My tinfoil hat is calling my name that the powers that be are onto me running luas...eek.
Anyone else been experiencing this?
dbg is not just timing you out because you're running a Lua. that tinfoil hat is on very tight

do you have logs on? check log file size
are you in a large guild? check you don't have "show offline members" displayed - that can fuck up zoning time, which might time you out
have you checked internet stability for packet loss/micro disconnections?

dbg is not just timing you out because you're running a Lua. that tinfoil hat is on very tight

do you have logs on? check log file size
are you in a large guild? check you don't have "show offline members" displayed - that can fuck up zoning time, which might time you out
have you checked internet stability for packet loss/micro disconnections?
- Was only a joke, but I do love tinfoil stuff.. so fun.
- OOH.. I don't even recall turning anything on, but yes I have a few files over a gig. mains each have that. So 6 Gigs just from main group and many others, small but still lots. 11Gig folder.. damn. I'll delete.
- no, tiny guild, me. Good call though.
- Internet Stability : Hmm... would you mind giving me an idea on this one. I'm lost on how to do this.

Thanks Sic, the internet thing could have an issue for me, as even a new laptop is doing this (fresh EQ, so no logs). We had an Xfinity upgrade a few months ago, maybe it left a digital poo in my pipe.

Run this a few times and pay attention to your latency, jitter, and packet loss #'s. Maybe run once every couple mins for 5 - 10 mins and see if it stays consistent.

* This will give you an idea of your general connection quality, to the nearest cloudflare backbone, but might not represent what your route/connection to a specific EQ server might be. Still a good test for your internet connection as a whole.

Run this a few times and pay attention to you latency, jitter, and packet loss #'s. Maybe run once every couple mins for 5 - 10 mins and see if it stays consistent.

Thanks bud, I was going to ask if its like a Speed test type thing, but thought that's a stupid question, so I edited it out...goes to prove.. there is no such thing as a stupid question, ha.

Problem - Timing out a lot from zoning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back