• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Thinking about a move to F.V. (1 Viewer)

nebulous

RedCents
442¢
I'm looking for some input on a potential move to F.V. because my server is somewhat of a deserted wasteland. There are a couple social guilds, but I popped onto F.V yesterday and saw a much more lively General chat channel and crowded PoK.

• What are some pitfalls I may not have considered? I know I can't transfer back off of the server.
  • Would it be a better idea to start a new or heroic toon on there and then group/create a boxing crew?
  • The economy looks very different there. I got the impression that many, many items go for higher than the 2M cap in bazaar. Is there another channel for selling and buying?
  • Has anyone made this move and regretted it?

The raiding scene sucks overall. Valhallah does good but mostly a bunch of RoI just making money from raid gear and monopolizing it quite a bit.

Grouping scene is pretty good, always stuff going on. Two guilds who are raiding EoK are pretty open and friendly. Overall I think its a whole lot better as long as you dont want "end game raiding" which is definitely better on other servers.

Starting a new heroic wouldn't be bad, a lot of people do that for sure, you always see em poppin in and out of feerrot and if your proactive wont have a hard time getting stuff done and there is a permanent 150% xp boost here.

General is the only channel I know for auctioning gear, should be an auction channel but there isn't.

Has perks and downfalls. If you want to raid end game, I wouldn't do it. Otherwise its a pretty fun place to play

Moving to FV, some things i've heard about it.

If you move there, your toons are stuck there.. No transfer out (Hotel California server, you can check out but you can never leave).

FV is freemarket, there really isn't any no-trade on that server. You can buy and sell what would be no-trade/no-drop on other severs, hence the no transfer out policy. So named are almost always camped by bots.

Also, no common tongue (i'm told everyone uses elfish).

A heroic there to check it out and see if you like it sounds like best idea.

Question - Thinking about a move to F.V.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back