• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

The "We have a spy among us" posts. (1 Viewer)

C

Ccomp5950

I will not tolerate a witch hunt, if you believe someone is being a "spy" feel free to bring it up to a moderator / admin in a PM.

DO NOT MAKE POSTS ABOUT IT.

http://www.redguides.com/community/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_rules

Teh Rules said:
16.) No Drama: Starting or being a big part of drama is against the rules. For example, "goodbye redguides" threads. Those are fine, provided that you are really leaving and not just begging for attention. To be sure, we will ban your account. If you want to tell everyone you won't be posting anymore (but you aren't leaving)...then we won't ban you...unless you lie and post again...

and if you don't think it fits that description here you go:

More Teh Rules said:
[Down at the bottom some...]Don't be a JERK!!! Yes, I know I probably missed some stuff...but whatever...to summarize this entire thread...I will simple say "DON'T BE A JERK!!!". You know how to behave, you know what is right and wrong, just use your freaking brain.

"So and so speaks out against GKing"

Today it is GKing last year it was PreCompiling, if you don't remember those posts I was one of the one's against precompiles. I wasn't a spy then I'm not a spy now. GKing appears to be the high profile thing with cheating now a days and even cheaters will form negative opinions towards it. I think it needs to be nerfed so people shut up about it. I've GKed, AA'ed some friends and alts and gave it up after using it to get SOME gear. That's pretty light compared to the abuses I keep reading about. I have no idea where I was going with this but the point would have been "Just because someone speaks out against something used in the community does not a spy make."

If I see another witch hunt post put up I will delete it and suggest you be temporarily banned from Redguides.

--I'm not a mod, and I'm not interested in "throwing my weight" against anyone. So stop asking. That's two PMs talking about it in the last 24 hours.

Agreed, no need to stir up drama and make us wade through more useless posts.

Considering the nature of what you do here at Redguides (and the openness of the way you do it) I would be very surprised if Someone at Soe do not have a subscription to this site.

Ohh i found it again.. Bit late but have to post it:

0084.jpg

Fully agree ... It makes life more interesting :judge

Also, there have been numerous times that MQ2 has changed EQ ... Bard twisting ... Group Members on the map ...

What you think that SOE actually thought of those? Let alone anyone think that SOE dev's have the skill to code it themselves?

Well I been playing EQ for 6 paid years so far account been around for 8. I got to play beta SWG way back in the day. I never used MQ2 before then, and actully just started a year ago. Most of the stuff that I saw in SWG was implimented into EQ. I'm sure MQ2 has helped out EQ over the years but EQ is very old and has diff code all over the game.

I think that SoE is just slack to EQ as in major code updates because of old bug issues they still havent addressed. These other games were built with this stuff in it so not so hard to maintain. EQ has bad rep for patching days and super bad ETA. I just think they think of this stuff then have no clue how to make it stable. Alatyami has to be right they just don't have the experiance to implent this stuff into the game and have it actully work. Would be one thing if the verant 989 team was still working eq. But I'm sure every single one is long gone or a big boss by now.

SOE does not need a employee watching this or any hack site. It is in some people nature to feel they and only they get to decide which rules are ok to break. I know people who drive 65 (in 55 zone) and think people that drive 70 should be arrested!

I can't drive 55. My cars too fun to drive that slow. 65? slow. 75? slow. I made a 300 mile run from Tupelo Miss to Chatt. TN in 2.75 hours. and that included stopping for gas 3/4 of the way there so I wouldn't have to worry about being close to empty when I got to Chatt. Don't think my speed dropped below 130 the majority of the way except while I was going through cities, and even then did 80+.

As for a spy being among us.... prolly an ass of em. who cares? the devs at soe gotta get their ideas from somewhere, trained monkies can't think for themselves you know!

~Dragon

The "We have a spy among us" posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back