• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

The new pvp system - A guide ! (1 Viewer)

oshin

RedCents
So you want phat epix eh ? Back in my day you had 4 choices:

Pay an extortionate rate for something that was purple and boe but actually crap.

Give up that silly job/girlfriend/school that bothered you so much and grind the same 2 crappy bgs for 4 months until you get to call yourself a High Warlord/Grand Marshal.

Surrender your evenings to raid and try to get items by saving dkp, but realize you were actually fighting the ex-High Warlord/Grand Marshal. who have a 100% attendance anyway.

Run 5 mans until one of those aforementioned crappy epics drops OR you get a really uber rare drop chance epic off a boss (that probably sucks anyway).

But now that the blood elves are coming to rescue horde from their heterosexuality, dranei are going to ugly up alliance some more and theres going to be 10 more levels of super happy fun joy, blizzard have decided that everybody deserves those uber rank 14 items.

So how to get them ? Obviously you need mad skillz and all sorts of whatnot, but failing that you can always just go to av and alt tab farm all you need.

Now afk botting in av has been in existence ever since blizzard had the bright idea that rep should be shared between people, but blizzard have decreed this to be very naughty, and so if you like your account you cant really do it. There was also the fact you would be shunned by the players on your server for your inactions, and who would want to run the risk of being hated by a 14 year old kid and his clique.

So how does one responsibly alt tab farm av then ? Its quite simple ! you "guard" the flag just like in ab, heres a screen shot of me doing it with my 3 able assistants (Its already caught on ! I dont know why I'm bothering with this guide tbh).

guardingbq5.jpg

I'm sure you can easily determine the angles you should stand at to give it that authentic look.

With any luck your combat log should look like this after a while.

honorjq2.jpg

Give it a few days and bam http://www.thottbot.com/?i=38031 should land right in your lap !

Similar approaches can be adopted for wsg and ab when you need tokens from there, but you run the risk of being yelled at with out the anonymity of 39 other people being there, but with any luck your pug will probably get flattened by the T3 squad and you'll get a token every 5 minutes.

The new pvp system - A guide !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back