• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - The last addition to my group? (1 Viewer)

laser80

RedCents
60¢
I'm curious what thoughts are on the last class I should add to my group? I don't want duplicate classes because a like variety. I run an SK, Cleric, BST, Berk, Mage that are all 118 all with threaded gear at the minimum. I was thinking about a rogue or a bard but there are other classes I enjoy. I think ranger, monk, and necro could be nice. Although, maybe not necro for group burn sessions. Give me class ideas, tips on if I should add dps or adps?

Im running the same setup as yourself, and my last spot is a bard. adps all day long, mez, selo's, shared invis / ivu / levi on the button, cant go wrong with a bard

I've yet to run a bard, probably because I love my enc (she's not let me down yet) & I primarily run caster types (Mag, Dru, Wiz).
One thing I'll clearly state... you need CC!

Recommend looking at the pro/con/synergies of each, along with what you want to achieve.

You're right as I go I'll need some form of CC. As for what I want to achieve, I think that's just being able to do most all group content. The hard part is picking bard of chanter. I think the bard would be best with the berserker and beastlord. The chanter would be the strongest at CC and helpful for the mage. The berserker is the bread and butter of the DPS so can't go wrong with a bard there. I doubt the group would suffer much from using an enchanter. I have something to think about for sure. I believe it might come down to which class has the best CWTN plugin.

You're right as I go I'll need some form of CC. As for what I want to achieve, I think that's just being able to do most all group content. The hard part is picking bard of chanter. I think the bard would be best with the berserker and beastlord. The chanter would be the strongest at CC and helpful for the mage. The berserker is the bread and butter of the DPS so can't go wrong with a bard there. I doubt the group would suffer much from using an enchanter. I have something to think about for sure. I believe it might come down to which class has the best CWTN plugin.
As of now, there is no CWTN plugin for Bard, but the Enchanter one works very well.

Having said that, I still run mostly bards with a very similar group makeup. I swap in the Enchanter every once in a while for variety. The group has higher DPS with the bard and running fast is fun. You'll just have to use some other automation (I use Kiss).

I believe I'm in agreement a bard would be best for the group. It would go very well with the berserker and beastlord. Not to mention the large toolkit a bard has. I'll just have to see how best to automate it.

Last edited:
I started with bard and I love it (even tho I hate bards, mainly because I have no idea how to play one), but after getting the CWTN plugin for enchanter, my bard is collecting dust. I do miss the speed and the adps the bard brings, but I have not yet encountered anything that I can't accomplish with my enc that I could with bard. I can 1 drop Grik with my Pal, brd, zrk, zrk, zrk, clr setup, but I have one dropped him with pal, enc, zrk, zrk, shm, bst. I usually ended up taking a 2nd drop with the enc group, but it is still smooth.

I really love the CC that the enc brings over the bard, there are times when the bard lets me down when I really needed a CC and I never have that feeling with the enc. On top of that my bards dps is horrible and by horrible I think my clerics does better dps.

I started with bard and I love it (even tho I hate bards, mainly because I have no idea how to play one), but after getting the CWTN plugin for enchanter, my bard is collecting dust. I do miss the speed and the adps the bard brings, but I have not yet encountered anything that I can't accomplish with my enc that I could with bard. I can 1 drop Grik with my Pal, brd, zrk, zrk, zrk, clr setup, but I have one dropped him with pal, enc, zrk, zrk, shm, bst. I usually ended up taking a 2nd drop with the enc group, but it is still smooth.

I really love the CC that the enc brings over the bard, there are times when the bard lets me down when I really needed a CC and I never have that feeling with the enc. On top of that my bards dps is horrible and by horrible I think my clerics does better dps.
I suck at bard, and don't cc lol, but I'm told they can do somemean dps themselves with certain aas and dots woven into Melody, but I couldn't tell you how because mine is my second most neglected toon.

I believe bards are the top level pullers. That's when you want singles, but if you get adds a chanter is going to keep things much safer. I guess it comes down to what offers to best bang and ease with most content. A bard boosting the zerker or an enchanter helping the mage. Of course those two have many of tricks I'm not going to list. I can already do a double invis trick with my SK and Mage. You just set a social to have each cast a group invis/ivu. It's a tough and fun decision to think over.

I run this same team. Sometimes I swap the mage for a zerk or monk. With an enchater and cwtn i have way less wipes. I like to pull a lot of things at once. Chanter just handles it. Also the charming pet the enchanter does is actually pretty good dps. With the bard added in though I can see the damage increase. My kiss setup isn’t the best, I am still working on it. But you can kill faster. On larger pulls I do however wipe more with the bard. I believe the bard will also increase mage pet efficientcy. At least it feels that way to me. I am sure someone else can explain better if that is in deed the case but It feels more effective with the bard. The bard also adds in a ton of other utility that I use more when boxing. I would go bard.

I have a SK,CLR,SHM,ROG,BER,BRD group and had never had the feeling it was unsafe. I swapped sometimes the ENC for the BRD because of the CTWN plugin. With ENC is this setup the killing of mobs takes longer but it is easier because of the plugin for the ENC. The BRD adps makes in a mostly melee-dps-group more sense.
As you have a MAG and a BST the ENC makes more sense I think. Besides he helps a bit for dps of SK and CLR.

bard is a def plus for the melee dps in your gruop but if your loving those cwtn plugins the enc straight up rocks with it. i think in this case its a matter of your playstyle and whether or not you wanna fart around with bard inis or the like. i use a bard in my main gruop over the enc with rgmercs and it does alright ... i find the rgmercs saves me from too much ini handling (which i stink at)

Question - The last addition to my group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back