• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - The Last 2 Grps (1 Viewer)

RedCents
19,708¢
My current 42 is made up of the following:
TANK 6
WAR 2
SK 2
PAL 2

DPS 23
WIZ 4
MAG 2
BER 7
ROG 9
NEC 1

HEAL 8
CLR 5
DRU 1
SHM 2

SUPPORT 5
BRD 3
BST 1
ENC 1

I want to add another 12 so i can have a full raid crew - but I'm not sure about the makeup of the final 2 grps

I am thinking each grp should have a CLR and a BARD, and i'm tempted to just add another 8 Zerkers.
What do you think? Any suggestions?

I don't know where the idea that a lot of people have that zerkers are good. They aren't unless they have a full team of support. 5 zerkers and a shaman healer is going to do about 30% of what a BER-BRD-SHM-BST-ROG(or MNK)-RNG group would do. And the SHM in that group would probably outparse those zerkers (if played right, it 100% would every time, macro'd probably not). Synergy is how you can accomplish what 40 zerkers can do with only 6 toons.
My ideal raid looks something like
3 tank groups (events like TOFS1 give good reason to have 9 tanks, could even be 2.5, throw a bard and shaman in the 3rd tank group)
3 Caster groups.
3 Melee groups.
So here's what you are lacking.
2 Rangers. Auspice is a 40% increase to crit rate. For ~2 minutes each. Casters have a base crit rate ~50% (depends on class), so during IOG, they are at 100% crit for like 2 minutes without having to pop their spires. 2 AFK rangers would increase your raids DPS by probably 50%.
2 more beastlords. Every raid should have 3 beastlords. Your clerics will go OOM without them. Believe me, they will, especially in a raid setting where they are healing constantly for 10-20 minutes.
3 more Bards. Selo's alone is enough for me to kick a zerker. Plus overhaste, plus your casters gain a literal 40% DPS increase simply for playing Aria. Bards. Bards. Bards. Plus these days they actually do fairly decent DPS compared to the past. Every DPS group should have at least 1 bard in it, no exceptions.
Absolutely never do not ever throw a cleric into a DPS group. They provide 0 value except healing, and it's honestly less healing than a shaman provides. Ancestral Aid, Squall, DOTs, slows, best emergency heals in game, shaman epic. They are hands down the best for a melee group, and you've got 9 rogues, rogues aren't monks, they take just under the amount of damage zerkers take. Get rid of 6 rogues and get yourself a melee DPS group with a monk.

So right now we're at what? 7 (2+2+3) 3 shaman, 1 druid, this covers at least all your DPS groups having healers & now the wildcard pick for the missing piece in the tank group. Bard is my goto, tanks do big damage with a bard, absolutely huge. A shaman wouldn't be too bad either. A monk so you have 1 of each class, monks are the best backup tank you can get outside of the normal tanks.

Sorry for the long post, but I feel like if you want to get the most out of your characters and not just "lol zerkers" you'll find playing with an actually synergized team a lot more enjoyable and a lot more DPS.

I did write this under the assumption that you are on live in TOV. If you're on a TLP that has zerkers I don't think I'd change my mind too much, as this raid force will last you throughout many expansions, instead of only being good for 1 or 2.

Attachments

• ideal.png
    ideal.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 38
I am on Live Server.

I like your thinking BoxBuddy.

4 BRD
2 BST
2 RNG
3 SHM
1 DRU

There are ebbs and flows with which toons are doing the most dps. I remember during Planes of Power - Rangers used to be the best dps class in the game, and I have no doubt that who is best will change again with coming expansions.
So I will aim for balanced grps.
Not going to get rid of my Rogues though!! Love them!

If you’re raiding, you need to add a couple more necros. They’re stupid dps. You could also use more shaman splash healing. Clerics are not superior healers in raid formats ... they’re good for tank groups, but outside tank groups shaman are king.

Shit, also, rangers... you need some rangers for TB/MGB auspice, enrichment, and their other adps abilities.

Is there ever really a reason to bring an SHD over a PAL to a raid? I am by no means an expert, but I've always though a RNG RNG RNG BRD BST SHM would be the most flexible raid DPS group.

when they added alliance, they made multiples of a class king. zerkers are doing MASSIVE dps on Live from EOK up to ToV.

I run Paly, Bard, Cleric(swap to shm some), bst, 2 zerks and i drop named in TOV in under 20 secs, Grik (group version) is down in 22 seconds, ive gotten zerks staggered on alliance.

raiding is only slightly dif. but yes your missing some key class

Ideally i would say 3 warriors, 4 or 5 paly and 2 SK, 3 or 4 necros, 3 or 4 bsts(omg yes paragon is KING) 2 or 3 rangers, a bard in every single group. Tank groups bard can bring more agro, more dps, and more dmg avoidance, DPS groups they bring ALOT of dps and even deagros. Clerics for Tank groups, shm for rest. not sure i would bring more than 1 mag or wizard as their use is limited. but zerks are alot of blaste dps. Rogues are more of a sustained dps, monks are hybrid blaste/sustained while not being king of either.

from raiding for years.
MTG
War, War, cleric, cleric, bard, shm
OTG
War, Paly, Sk, cleric, cleric, bard
MDPS
Shm, Bard, zerk, zerk, zerk, bst
2nddps
shm, bard, rogue, rogue, rogue, bst
Rdps
shm, brd, ranger, mage, wizard, enc
Mdps
SK, Paly, shm, brd, monk, monk
M/Rdps
Paly, shm brd, necro, necro, necro
M/Rdps
Paly, shm, brd, zerk, zerk, bst

this setup would max heals, max in combat regens, max buffage for max burst and sustained dps

The problem with necros are debuff slots. It’s so stupidly easy to debuff cap that more then 2 necros is basically non functional (and that’s with debuff and dots being heavily regulated).

What I’ve raided with recently preTOL:
Warx6
Palx2
Sk x2
Clr x6
Berx8-9
Bstx6
Shmx5
Rngx4
Brdx6
Encx2
Necx2
Dru
Mnk
Rog

Tank groups varied based on event for how they were distributed. Double clerics (if these clerics weren’t already pimped I’d likely swap 3 to 3 shms instead.

Melee Dps grps we’re
Shm/brd/rng or mnk/bst/then 2 ber or rog

Caster grp was
Nec/nec/enc/enc/brd/dru

I’d likely weave in more caster dps in tol era but the value of that would depend on your willingness to custom write your code (which is true for most of these). Tanks, rngs, brds, bsts we’re all being run on custom scripts. Enc/nec are in testing stages.

Ohhh you definietely need a Mage or 2...or 6. I use 2 Mages, and have 4 Wizards because I love Wizards, and I have hope that one day DBG will get bought out by Trump and he will "Make Wizards Great Again!"
In Fact - that is an idea for the Redcent Shop - we need a Redguides T-Shirt. "Make Wizards Great Again"

Wizard DPS has definitely improved but its still lacking.

The biggest problem with Necro DPS is its difficult to automate. I think the optimum number of Necro's in a raid was 3 and they would out DPS everything - but that was 3 real people. With my KA Necro - she never gets in the top10 so i didnt go with 3 necros.

1 pally per tank group for aura.

melee dps groups should have 1 of each class if support is identical. i.e. shm bard bst zerk zerk zerk / shm bard bst rog rog rog / shm bard bst monk monk monk isn't as good as zerk rog monk split. Alliance still works fine between groups but "Synergy" means what it sounds like.

This is like a damn addiction. When I came back, I told myself I’d only do one group. Then I made a second group. Now I am looking at a third. Please send help.

Question - The Last 2 Grps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back