• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - The KissAssist .ini library. Ideas/Requests/Critiques needed. (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,102¢
Pronouns
He/Him
We're going to open a KissAssist .ini library, which we hope makes it easier for users to find an .ini file for their toons.

Here's what we're thinking:

The library can be filtered & searched by the following:
  • Level
  • Class
  • Conditions (yes/no)
  • Purpose (raid/group/solo)
  • Server type (live/emu)
All users will be able to add to the library. We plan to maintain a RedGuides Official .ini for each class at max AA / level. We may also do F2P max & 85 heroics if there's demand.

We're also considering having users run .ini's through a formatter, such as KissTemplate.

Here's a draft of the submission form in its current state, here's a draft of the library.

Ideas, critiques, requests would be great to hear while we're still kicking the idea around.

If you can swing it, I think a community rating system would be awesome. Knowing the rating and the last time it was updated are the two important things for me.

...and now that I have clicked the link for the draft of the library, I see that you already have these things and I'm going to quietly walk away...

I love this idea. I’m still learning how to do even a basic ini and this will help immensely.
I especially love the idea of the Redguides Official ini for each class.
Please do this.

i personally feel things like clickies and items should not be in these inis, if people wanna add them fine, but like some people have 10 clickies t hey wanna use in buffs, its redunkulus

If someone wants to pull the INI Files off my website and shove them into the library I am cool with that. I don't have the time to add them myself though.

https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/macroquest2/macros/kissassist/INIFiles/

I'm done INI files for every class up to I think level 80, although I haven't added the links for a lot of them yet. I hope to eventually finish my compendium of INI files but I don't know when that'll be. Been really busy with life and I go on vaca next week to hike a portion of the Appalachian Trail; if I do finish the KA INI section on my site it would be later this year in the winter time at the earliest.

another filter @Redbot
group fast kills, slow kills

some groups have a killtime of 10 seconds, other take 30seconds, the inis for most classes is different based on that

simply dont have time to slow and debuff for 10 second kills vs at 30 sceonds or more it might be nice to do that.

Maybe expansion it was last updated for as prefix choices?

Burn/Chainpull would be cool too. Standard ini's that save all 10+ minute cooldowns for named Burn versus Chainpull if they use everything as available in DPS/AE or have mana/endur conservation logic to avoid med breaks.

I think some way to create a dual INI for the same level of a class would be good. Such as a druid INI that is more Heal/DoT focused VS. a druid INI that is more DPS/Nuke focused. Same with a few other classes like shaman and enchanter. EX:
100 INI Druid (balanced)
100 INI Druid (Heal > DPS)
100 INI Druid (DPS > Heal)

Of course, this is represented by how the items are added to/arranged in the INI so it's omitting / tweaking spells/AA's and their times. Maybe I'm just weird I dunno. But I do use a few different INI's for the same characters.

personally what i would love would be an ini for each class bases on starting as a heroic char and leveling to 110 with auto grant on and no additional aa's just a base this is what you should be using every 5 levels and they other people could build off of or tweak for personal use if they wanted but a baseline would be really nice.

Request - The KissAssist .ini library. Ideas/Requests/Critiques needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back