• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Test server (1 Viewer)

Solution
So if I want to /testcopy my toons and try a test server, I need to change the drop down in the launcher to test? Correct?
Because I play on both live and test (sometimes simultaneously) , I have two separate EQ installs (on separate drives too)... So you dont need to keep changing it in the launcher every time you want to flip back n forth...
So if I want to /testcopy my toons and try a test server, I need to change the drop down in the launcher to test? Correct?
Because I play on both live and test (sometimes simultaneously) , I have two separate EQ installs (on separate drives too)... So you dont need to keep changing it in the launcher every time you want to flip back n forth...

Solution
Thank you guys. Making the separate directories a GREAT idea. Wouldn’t have thought to do that. Thanks again!!
THEN, once you're done that.. make some shortcuts and rename them "EQ LIVE" and "EQ TEST" and change the command line options so you dont have to go through the patcher every time

Your Target line (in properties for the shortcut to eqgame.exe) will look something like this: "D:\Program Files\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

You'll note the " " around everything except the patchme bit..

And then once you've done that, do even one better and set up your guys in MQ's autologin feature, which is bar none the best!

Question - Test server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back