• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tell Windows Not working (1 Viewer)

LexLuthor

RedCents
Is anyone having problems with tell windows not working in game. my tell windows will not work with MQ2 loaded. I cant get them to work with MQ2 Jigs21_6.0 Compile? :confused: may try the old trusted D&R but just wanted to see if its only me? They work fine when I don't run Mq2.... This seems to be Charactor specific, is there a command Imigt have accedently done that would disable tell windows in or out of Mq2?? :confused:

There is a 'Use Tell Windows' in your options window, that causes you to have a separate window for each character you send tells back and forth to. You might also try right clicking on one of the windows and turn on and then off the 'Always Chat Here' option, which will cause all of your typing to go into one window. That may have gotten turned on by accident.

I don't think there is a way to filter tells thru one windows. If there is I would like to do that myself. One problem I have with MQ2 is in TBS when I bring up the map in Katta all my windows go blank sometimes.. I can type but cant see or read it. Closeing the map windows fixs this instantly, and fixs the bug in some cases.

You can filter all tells through a single window by right clicking in the chat box, going down to filter, go up to tells.
same with group, raid, guild, etc.

sshadow said:
I don't think there is a way to filter tells thru one windows. If there is I would like to do that myself. One problem I have with MQ2 is in TBS when I bring up the map in Katta all my windows go blank sometimes.. I can type but cant see or read it. Closeing the map windows fixs this instantly, and fixs the bug in some cases.

It is caused by a memory limit on EQ opening the map on that zone with mobs up, etc. Not showing the labels will also recover your chat windows.

chavito said:
It is caused by a memory limit on EQ opening the map on that zone with mobs up, etc. Not showing the labels will also recover your chat windows.

I have no clue what cause this proble but the fix is remove the UI_toonname_Servername.ini from the main everquest folder corse now my eq button isnt showing up lol oh well ill try doing a complete file check on that,

Tell Windows Not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Back