• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Everquest youtube review from a British YouTuber Josh Strife! (1 Viewer)

lanceval

20yrs Never Suspended
RedCents
2,448¢
There is a brit YouTuber that did a review of EverQuest, Josh strife hayes.

I realized that some of his videos score quite a decent amount of views.
He seems to be a kind of MMO’s Mr Beast.
That is unusual to have a review from a popular YouTuber of Everquest.
This review is from the prospect of a new player starting EverQuest live now.
I wish someone like this could review the multi boxer playstyle too !
Anyway it is quite enjoyable, as is!

Last edited:
There is a brit YouTuber that did a review of EverQuest, Josh strife hayes.

I realized that some of his videos score quite a decent amount of views.
He seems to be a kind of MMO’s Mr Beast.
That is unusual to have a review from a popular YouTuber of Everquest.
This review is from the prospect of a new player starting EverQuest live now.
I wish someone like this could review the multi boxer playstyle too !
Anyway it is quite enjoyable, as is!

Fuck this dude with his brit accent...but meh was kinda fun to watch

british hello GIF

I'm with @an_image on this one. Okay on the video review. But really, so many people with the "Brit Accent", either fake or authentic, lean on that to seem like what they have to say is above all interesting. Nothing against British people, just have a sore spot about this idea.

If I did a video review, no one would care. If I did a review with a british accent....well still no one would care. But I bet I get a few more views. :shrug:

Last edited:
I actually bumped into him while he was playing for that video. Saw the name and recognized it, he was zoning out of crescent reach on mischief server, figured he was an imposter so didn't say anything lol.

As for the accent, they don’t mean anything of course as for the relevance of the speech.
But stil there are so many different accent.

I didn't mind his take. Its unique for a guy who hasn't played this game for years. He was absolutely right in the old guard of us EQ players who have evolved and gained knowledge over time that we just "know" things about this game a regular new player wouldn't and I can see how that can be frustrating for someone. It really shines a light on some foundational things that could be fixed, such as buff descriptions, on boarding and ways to bring peeps together.

Watch a lot of his stuff, this is the 2nd EQ video he's done. His Was it any good series is great for nostalgia as he plays old games etc i grew up with !

His worst MMO series is worth a watch, didnt realise there was nearly as many MMOs as he's covered !

I haven't watched this vid yet, I'm sort of worried it will diminish the outrageous kick I'm currently experiencing with EQ. But I am a subscriber of him, and have watched pretty much all his vids. Some of these games he plays are unbelievable garbage. Very funny videos when he plays these horrible MMOs from the very bottom of the bargain bin.

It was sort of an interesting watch, but he really did make things way harder on himself than he needed to. I think most people would have a lot more fun if they started off with a TLP server instead of going straight to live.

The video was talked about on the Veteran's lounge and it ruffled a few of the white knight feathers.

To be fair, I think jumping into a 20+ year old MMO is always going to be difficult and there will always be things we just 'know' because we had to learn them like he did. We just took 20 years instead of his 100 hours.

I think he could have made a video about trying to be a master carpenter, or playing the guitar after 100 hours and wondered why he wasn't as good as those who have done it for 20 years. Just like those skills, the path to learn all of that still exists in EQ, there just isn't a quick-fix to this. The knowledge has to be earned.

I'm waiting for the 10,000 hour video equivalent where he runs his own 24-man raid and can blast through the latest expansions.

PS: I'm British also and I know what you mean about the accent. It always irks me when I hear the token Brit acting in a US film or series and thinking, 'I don't know of anyone who sounds like that in Britain!'

Discussion - Everquest youtube review from a British YouTuber Josh Strife!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back