• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Team Update and a Few Qs (1 Viewer)

Sintor

RedCents
64¢
Hey all, that returning guy from last week back to pick your brains again. I appreciate all the feedback last time, group is up and running on Maui after some RGMercs shenanigans. Ended up settling on WAR/SHM/BRD/ROG/BST/NEC. I've enjoyed the strategy of fiddling with the .ini files and such. Tried to gear/spell au naturale but ran into some walls in the 60s so sold a krono to gear the tank, put actual weapons on the rogue, and allscribe everyone, what a huge difference. Tank is gold, everyone else F2P. Had a couple folks in the crew drop out already but my six box is going strong and my interest is through the roof still!

Questions!

Canni has been kind of a nightmare on the SHM, is it just real hard to automate? I'm considering it for my first CWTN plugin (plan to have most eventually but conservatively budgeting spends for the group). Just feels like it cycles way too much and then ends up spending to heal itself. I've tried to find the sweet spot in letting regen take care of it but then inevitably I'll pull aggro and get junked for leaving his hp at 50.

What's good exp % per kill in the 70s? I've been playing it safe quite a bit. I tend to overstay camps cause it's easy to let it run while distracted. Most of the time if the camp is yellow/white it's like .9-1.1% per kill, otherwise if I have to do dark blue it drops to .5-.6 (I run 10% to AAs on the F2P lads). Should I be searching out better camps if I drop below 1% a kill? Sometimes I go to recommended zones and dark blues will straight up puncture my lungs or take the whole shaman mana bar to kill, resulting in molasses speeds.

Necro is doing dog shit damage. I assume partially because war and rog are starting to blast off and the fights are getting too short for long dots, but I trimmed his rotation to one of the fast 24s dots and nukes, he still sucks real bad. Pet is current, have pet earring that is level-appropriate, using assassin pet, etc. He used to be the group leader in damage, now he barely ties the bard. The combat rez has been invaluable for sticking power on camp spots, so I don't regret it. Should I replace him with another melee since it's a F2P slot and the group has a melee bias? Example dps round attached. War/rog can pop off depending on discs/final blow/assassinate in the camp I'm in but this is an average one.

Got enough in the monthly budget to slap gold/krono on somebody. Who's the best target to really up the damage with autogrant giving like 2k AAs? Rog feels like a rich get richer scenario, if putting it on BST or NEC would double/triple that's where I'd like to go but honestly dunno. If the ROG would see even more gains he's probably worth it.

Thanks again for all the help, great community!

Attachments

• teamdmg.png
    teamdmg.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 2
Canni has been kind of a nightmare on the SHM, is it just real hard to automate? I'm considering it for my first CWTN plugin (plan to have most eventually but conservatively budgeting spends for the group). Just feels like it cycles way too much and then ends up spending to heal itself. I've tried to find the sweet spot in letting regen take care of it but then inevitably I'll pull aggro and get junked for leaving his hp at 50.
Hello there. I have had no real trouble automating Canni. Had to tweak it though. First you need to set up conditions so that it triggers when you have less than X mana and more than Y HP.
For me it was below 95% mana and above 70% HP or so. But you need to check what suits your needs.
Then you need to check that the HP condition is above you heal HP condition : if your heals on sham are triggered at 70% HP and you set canni to trigger above 60%, your sham will heal himself when he drops between 70 and 60%.

Can't look at conditions right now but they are easy to find. Tell us if you have trouble finding them.

Last edited:
Hey all, that returning guy from last week back to pick your brains again. I appreciate all the feedback last time, group is up and running on Maui after some RGMercs shenanigans. Ended up settling on WAR/SHM/BRD/ROG/BST/NEC. I've enjoyed the strategy of fiddling with the .ini files and such. Tried to gear/spell au naturale but ran into some walls in the 60s so sold a krono to gear the tank, put actual weapons on the rogue, and allscribe everyone, what a huge difference. Tank is gold, everyone else F2P. Had a couple folks in the crew drop out already but my six box is going strong and my interest is through the roof still!

Questions!

What's good exp % per kill in the 70s? I've been playing it safe quite a bit. I tend to overstay camps cause it's easy to let it run while distracted. Most of the time if the camp is yellow/white it's like .9-1.1% per kill, otherwise if I have to do dark blue it drops to .5-.6 (I run 10% to AAs on the F2P lads). Should I be searching out better camps if I drop below 1% a kill? Sometimes I go to recommended zones and dark blues will straight up puncture my lungs or take the whole shaman mana bar to kill, resulting in molasses speeds.

Necro is doing dog shit damage. I assume partially because war and rog are starting to blast off and the fights are getting too short for long dots, but I trimmed his rotation to one of the fast 24s dots and nukes, he still sucks real bad. Pet is current, have pet earring that is level-appropriate, using assassin pet, etc. He used to be the group leader in damage, now he barely ties the bard. The combat rez has been invaluable for sticking power on camp spots, so I don't regret it. Should I replace him with another melee since it's a F2P slot and the group has a melee bias? Example dps round attached. War/rog can pop off depending on discs/final blow/assassinate in the camp I'm in but this is an average one.

Got enough in the monthly budget to slap gold/krono on somebody. Who's the best target to really up the damage with autogrant giving like 2k AAs? Rog feels like a rich get richer scenario, if putting it on BST or NEC would double/triple that's where I'd like to go but honestly dunno. If the ROG would see even more gains he's probably worth it.

Thanks again for all the help, great community!
The Plugins are the truth my friend.

I think you can hope for 1.5% but not much more. I was doing 3% per kill in DSH with current exp bonus the other day at level 65. At level 70+ it drops some more. Mobs where yellow and red to me that's the best range for exp if you can handle it.

What server do you play on ? Is your tank well geared ? Being good he should be able to tank fine yellow / red mobs.

70-75 is a bit weird. Exp shows considerably and you can't do heroic adventures yet (level 75 min) for a change of pace. You should do your level daily hotzone quest and the quest for your range minus 5. Sometimes people even do minus 10 quest. They award decent defiant stuff and give decent exp.

You might wanna start SoD progression for the heroes journey. Rewards are really good (check achievements). Exp will be slow but rewards are worth it (900 hp/ mana gear with weapons and pet focuses).

Well. Necros in the 65-75 are kinda dull. This era is called melee quest for something :D. They pick up after 75 though. They are topping parses on mischief in my guild, SoD era.
Also it's FTP ... do you have appropriate spell focuses ? Casters need less gear than melees but they still need some.
Anyway if mobs are dropping in 25s there isn't much you can do besides pulling multiples and DOTing them all.

If you geared your rogue and he's topping the parses it makes sense to make it gold. Any char going gold from FTP will see a substantial damage increase (+50% maybe ?).

Swapping the NEC for a BER will bring more DPS, burst and aDPS too with his aura. But you loose some utility... NEC are harder to squeeze than BER for sure.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everybody, great info!

Everybody is 75+ now, getting scribed up and updating gear on tank/rogue.

I'll mess with Canni some more. I've had the shaman on very aggressive healing % out of concern for tank falling over at times so probably need to do more with conditions specifically calling out what role to heal when maybe.

70-75 is a bit weird. Exp shows considerably and you can't do heroic adventures yet (level 75 min) for a change of pace. You should do your level daily hotzone quest and the quest for your range minus 5. Sometimes people even do minus 10 quest. They award decent defiant stuff and give decent exp.

I assumed quests are annoying and hard to do with the boxing software, is this not the case? I didn't see a macro for Gribbles (seems like that's what people say to do at 75), so is it just a matter of several DNET macros?

Also thanks for the /testcopy tip, will see which cwtns up the effectiveness most and set my buying order. :D

I have not had any problems with shaman and CWTN or RGMercs....CWTN is superior but both can get the job done. Keeping in mind, a shaman will struggle to be main healer until in the 100's at which point the really began to shine. Highly recommend you try out CWTN's stuff....with caution. Once you use those plugins you won't want to live without them lol. In fact, if Chat and Sic yanked their toys I would quit.

I'll mess with Canni some more. I've had the shaman on very aggressive healing % out of concern for tank falling over at times so probably need to do more with conditions specifically calling out what role to heal when maybe.
Right. I forgot to tell you i had one heal condition for the tank (around 80) and one heal condition for "not tank" (around 60). Canni was to trigger until 70 or 65% on SHM.

Also had canni in DPS section as well as Buffs section. Same conditions.

I assumed quests are annoying and hard to do with the boxing software, is this not the case? I didn't see a macro for Gribbles (seems like that's what people say to do at 75), so is it just a matter of several DNET macros?
Nah the daily hotzone quest is kill 5. It usually takes longer to get to the zone than to complete the quest. Use Mimic me button or Don't make me say it (never used yet !) to take quests. Gribbles is about the same : kill everything in an instance, so not annoying. You just want as much DPS as possible.
You get exp on completion, not on mobs, when you last talk to Gribbles in the instance. So you can complete 1 instance, pop Lesson of the Devoted BEFORE talking to Gribbles, talk to Gribbles, and then try to go as far as you can on the next 2 missions. That's fat exp if you can complete 2. Even more if you can complete all 3.

At lvl 95 you shaman will get the first fastheal ”Reckless Remedy” and from there on, every 5 lvls a new one. They have a drawback of a long recast, which he will overcome at lvl 105 by memming 3 reckless-heals. Once you can mem 3 reckless-heals, you can cast them back-to-back. This will be the moment, you will unmem the last time the “mending”-heal and never mem any of this line of spells.
Recourse-heals and Intervention-heals used in combination with the reckless-heals will let you look back and wondering, how you could main-heal so many levels without them.
About the necs 24-sec-dots: once you are level-appropriate AAed, take a look at those aas improving the dots. Some of them (if not all?) do not improve the damage if short-term-dots. Even if the mobs die fast, using the dots lasting longer than 24 sec eventually will start to deal more damage than these short-dots. As you have Brd and shm closeby, both having auras to boost not only pet but also swarmpets, it may be worth, to try to priorize the swarm-pet-spells and aas.

Last edited:
Ah that's great info, thanks! I'm on FV so I bought some remnants to square up the entire team's gear. I tried to do the scaling HA to unlock the augs but the yellows in there straight up punctured my lungs even with BST and SHM healing. Gonna try Gribbles next I guess but I'm not sure what's up with it going so poorly.

Stats at 77 are pictured, and he's Gold with auto-grant on.
1697882645582.png

Question - Team Update and a Few Qs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back