• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - team set up (1 Viewer)

Warlock88

RedCents
257¢
Currently I run a raid gear sk, necro and bard with 2 wizzy mercs and 1 cleric merc.. I find that my necro does not do very well for group dps since the mobs die so fast. What would be a good switch out for the necro to up the teams dps.

Thanks

hmm maybe I do not have my necro set up properly. He is my first char when I started in 1999, do not really want to put him away lol.. I should re look at the KA I have set for him maybe that is my problem.

you may think about swapping out the necro and the bard for 2 more wizzies, then you could kill anything, sk, wiz, wiz, wiz with wiz, wiz, cleric merc...

I have a 100 zerk and mage you can try if you want, I never had much luck with either of them and they are silver accounts so no decent augs but I think I have them both in T1 group gear and the zerk has an older raid weapon. I'm thinking of leveling up a monk, they seem to do well DPS wise and it's easy enough to pick up a T1 raid weapon since all that stuff rots.

I'd think a mage with your bard would be a nice addition. You could consider a ranger. Mine out DPS's most everyone with my current set up. They are good for buffs and pulling too. A zerker or monk would be similar, but no buffs or holy$hit heals. A druid could also be good with nuke healing, buffs, and their debuffs... Not to mention porting your while team to their favorite spot!

My 5 cents is: In case you want to try to switch out necro, do so in exchange for a real wiz or mage. This way your bard can unlock their full potential on nukes.
The real wiz can port ya, the mage has a tanky pet so depends on your preferences what ya like/need more. I know my team, tank on aggro only and 3 wiz on burn
with bard focus rip mobs to pieces within seconds. e.g. in grounds pulling usually up to 8 mobs at once and then it goes like bam, bam, one dead, next.... and within 30 seconds
I go out pulling again.

My group is more of a balanced group than a high DPS group. I use SK, Cleric, Shaman, Bard, Rogue, Ranger. I can substitute a mage for the Ranger, but the Ranger has more AA, levels, better gear.

One thing to keep in mind for both a necro and mage is the level of EM (enhanced Minion) you are able to attain. I think heroics come with EM V. The best group earring available for level 100 is EM XV. EM also helps the swarm pet for both classes.

Question - team set up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back