• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

/tar people with similar names (1 Viewer)

harleydude

RedCents
11¢
On my raids there are two toons with very similar names, lets call them harleydude and harleydudex.

if you type /tar harleydude you will ALWAYS get harleydudex

which is a bit of a problem. this does not happen unless MQ2 is loaded. i've tried /tar pc harleydude and that has the same result.

any suggestions would be appreciated or a point in the source code i can start looking to modify.

Could try /tar "Harleydude" and see if that works. If not, I'm pretty sure it will always target the closest one to you. You could always open up the raid window and target through there though, best advice I can give you.

This is from the Forgotten Halls macro.

Rich (BB code):
/if (${Target.Level}>67) /tar npc next

You could modify that to cycle through all the targets and find the one you want. It's been awhile since I have done comparisons in macros, I'll see what I can dig up.

-Alatyami

For the mq2 wiki:

Rich (BB code):
int	Compare[text]	Determines how the initial string and the second string, text, compare to each other:
If both are the same, Compare will return 0.
If the string is alphabetically before text, Compare will return -1.
If text is alphabetically after string, Compare will return 1.
Compare is case-insensitive

I tried the quotes and it didn't help. It's really strange behavior because in some zones it works like it should, but in others you could be sitting on top of the person with the shorter name and type it exactly and it will target the person with the longer but almost identical name.

And this all occurs with just vanilla jmo's MQ2 compile running without activating any additional plugins or macros. So if it comes to me editing and recompiling then I probably need to start with the source where it lets you target anything in the zone regardless of distance.

perhaps try it with a space after the last letter of the name, as though you were going to type out the surname. I am not sure if it would work, but eliminates the posibility of an X fitting the mold anymore hehe.

/tar people with similar names

Users who are viewing this thread

Back