• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Tank questions (1 Viewer)

tarb

RedCents
60¢
-How well can a good Beastlord tank named mobs? if they cant is it due to agro or mitigation?
-if I need to make another tank should i go with the standard SK or would a Warrior be a good choice?

SK is still more dps, reliable aggro, and far more group utility than a warrior. The warrior is a better tank with top end gear on raid mobs. For grouped named, the SK should still suffice and provide more overall group benefits. For a change of pace, you could try a paladin.

Have you guys noticed a mercenary tanks way better then the "tank" Feature in KA?
For example, it'll do its best to taunt and retain agro, but if a second mob starts hitting one of the group members, KA/MQ2 wont run over and agro the mob off the group member, and then continue either fighting that or switching back to its original target. This is done with the mercenaries by placing them as 'tank role' but using a character as a tank, this makes it very easy for your group members to die from agro

Any comments/recommendations?

yeah a mezzer is a great tool. i never used one before but now the heroic i have a chanter bot group hasn't died yet. also in the new KA there is agro section. im not 100% on how to you it but im sure if you set that up he will make sure all mobs have agro.

Question - Tank questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back