• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Tank Died - Ranger lived - no control (1 Viewer)

Caibek

RedCents
70¢
First post here so forgive me if I've done this incorrectly.

I was running my team using only the "Follow Me" and "Come to me" buttons (MQ2Groupinfo) issued by the SK Tank (no Macros were running). A mob, that is friendly to rangers, killed the tank and the rest of the team except the ranger. However, the ranger was tethered to the tanks body. I tried /mqp and /end (wasn't running a macro but couldn't see the harm). Nothing would allow him to get much farther than a few feet from the Tanks corpse. It required me dropping group (still tethered) and camping out to release the tether.

How can I prevent this? I forsee the Tanks death again in the future and can only watch as the rest of the team dies without the ability to try and save them while tethered.
Thanks!

Kaen01 is right - /afollow was likely on and /afollow off will correct this.

To expand a bit - Follow Me is really not something you want to use unless absolutely necessary (i.e. to get them to follow you across water or a gap in the mesh). It will cause odd behavior when using any automation. Instead, either use Come To Me or use a mode where they are Chasing.

For Best results, get in the habit of having your other toons /chaseon your tank.

This way If your tank gets aggro they will still react accordingly and never get stuck in the afollow nightmare.

You can still use afollow in certain circumstances - ie bad mesh. But 99% of the time you want to be chasing the MT/MA

First post here so forgive me if I've done this incorrectly.

I was running my team using only the "Follow Me" and "Come to me" buttons (MQ2Groupinfo) issued by the SK Tank (no Macros were running). A mob, that is friendly to rangers, killed the tank and the rest of the team except the ranger. However, the ranger was tethered to the tanks body. I tried /mqp and /end (wasn't running a macro but couldn't see the harm). Nothing would allow him to get much farther than a few feet from the Tanks corpse. It required me dropping group (still tethered) and camping out to release the tether.

How can I prevent this? I forsee the Tanks death again in the future and can only watch as the rest of the team dies without the ability to try and save them while tethered.
Thanks!
More information on group Makeup please. One thing you can do is add more Rezzers use a Necro, if you aren't running the plugins which I recommend a Cleric for battle rezzes also is a must. Also consider adding a A Beastlord they are usually the last guy standing in a fight. And a Mage are strong survivors as well especially paired with the Beastlord. If you are running the plugins maybe you need a defensive tank like a Pally which adds a 3rd rezzer with your Shaman if you run the plugins and have a Necro. I just gave you a whole survivable group with your Ranger.

Problem - Tank Died - Ranger lived - no control

Users who are viewing this thread

Back