• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Tainted Privet and Tainted Delphinium (1 Viewer)

RedCents
757¢
Anyone know where the best spot to get these two poisonmaking materials? I've tried various spots listed on Allakazam's, EQTraders, and Bonzz's Artisan page. Haven't seen a single one drop yet.

Don't those drop a bunch in GMM??? I might be thinking of something else., maybe not tainted. Ill check my looter when I get home and see if I have any, but I think running grind and GMM would yield you some good results if tainted are the ones i'm thinking of.

Anyone know where the best spot to get these two poisonmaking materials? I've tried various spots listed on Allakazam's, EQTraders, and Bonzz's Artisan page. Haven't seen a single one drop yet.
I have a fair number of those on my 'poison stuff' storage character. I'm pretty sure I got most them in Brother Island killing sirens in the siren's area (underwater in the NW corner). The other possibility is in Chelsith Reborn, but I spent more time with the siren's in Brother Island so I'm pretty sure I got most of them in Brother Island.

Looking at one set of logs, I found Tainted Delphinium in Bixie HA, 24th anniv HA in Blackburrow, Grelleth's Palace, Lceanium, and perhaps other places.

Tainted Privet dropped in FM, Gribbles HA, Tower of Rot (HA?), Grelleth, same 24th anniv HA, and other places.

This is a new computer purchased in 2022. Hope this helps.

PS - had some hits on the vendors in Pok (tradeskill / small bank bldg). "Just browsing? Have you seen the Tainted Privet I just got in?". Most of these were just general chatter picked up by log, not directed at my char.

Attachments

• delph.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 1
  • privet.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 0
Looking at one set of logs, I found Tainted Delphinium in Bixie HA, 24th anniv HA in Blackburrow, Grelleth's Palace, Lceanium, and perhaps other places.

Tainted Privet dropped in FM, Gribbles HA, Tower of Rot (HA?), Grelleth, same 24th anniv HA, and other places.

This is a new computer purchased in 2022. Hope this helps.

PS - had some hits on the vendors in Pok (tradeskill / small bank bldg). "Just browsing? Have you seen the Tainted Privet I just got in?". Most of these were just general chatter picked up by log, not directed at my char.
Yeah, I ran dumpsterdive mac and hit all the PoK vendors. No luck though :(

Unfortunately, there is no "silver bullet" answer to this. These are part of those game wide tradeskill drops that can drop in any zone from almost any mob in the level range for the particular item. There is no way to effectively target farm privets and delphiniums specifically. You'll have have to sit in a zone in which they're on the loot table and mindlessly kill mobs for many hours. AFAIK, there are no mobs types that have significantly higher drop rates than others.

Make sure you check the NPC merchants in the Bazaar area. Just found over 100 of both on some of them. But wrong server, sorry.

You can also set up a buyer overnight in barter. I always go to that first for that kind of tradeskill drop

And I have seen players ask in chat if anyone has extra and they usually wind up getting some.

Good Luck

Sent you a PM. If we're a match I can hook you up with both. I no longer have any need for them. I have a full stack of the Delph and 981 of the Priv

Question - Tainted Privet and Tainted Delphinium

Users who are viewing this thread

Back