• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Swarming with an SK (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,052¢
At level increments (starting at 75), where would you guys swarm? My SK has just over 1k aa and the lost rubicite/ enamelled Armor with some decent ac augs plus epic 2. Was going to swarm some aa but a mate said to get to 80 then use a hammer of courage or something along those lines... Am on the train so can't remember. I picked it up from bazaar for 8k pp... Drops in House of Thule.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Evilgamer tends to be harsh and I've not even registered an account with them to post anything and I can't find concise information when googling it!

Yes, evilgamer is harsh. they're self-described "helpful asshates". That being said, they're the best source of sk information, and the information is there. You dont need to register to search, and all the info on swarming can be found by scrolling through a couple pages of threads even without searching.

ill give you 1 tip, that I use.. I kill solo mobs till I get MC to pop, then gather up a smaller train * i am still learning myself* and kill them as fast as possible, by doting up all the ones I can, if MC is about to drop, Ill pop epic, there is also a combat ability called Leechcurse that makes all your attacks heal you for 100% of your damage done, I use that if epic drops and MC isnt up.

I took alot of advice from Evilgamers, and went and started teaching my self.. now where to level at, just go try smaller groups of stuff, if your dps/healing doesnt outdo their dps to you, then thats not where you want to be.. and you should go down a step, at 75, you can try riftseekers sanctum, or Muramite proving grounds.. if those are 2 hard, you can also try walls of slaughter, thats some older lower level stuff. you also have frostcrypt and valdeholm that you can attempt.. I started in valdeholm just to learn the basics, then moved to frostcrypt, now im doing beza and zeka.. but my SK is 90 with 3k aa now. you can also try vxed or tipt or vergalid mines.

Just throwing some ideas out there for you, I just hopped in game and loaded up the zone guide list and sorted by levels from 65~75..

Just remember, do 5-6 mobs at a time, if you cannot kill them fast enough or they are just raping you, move to a lower level area, because if 5-6 are raping you, 20-30 surely will.

atleast, thats the method I use when trying to find a spot to swarm at. I always test the waters before jumping in.

i have strongly debated about posting on this because well to be honest it usually has a way of starting arguements
but i will try to be as close to clear as possible.
to start out you need to have good armor class hi hp and quite a few aa that are strongly advised
i have swarmed with 30k base hp and 4100 aa but it isnt as much fun trust me

(this aa list Originally Posted by Tearsin Rain long ago on evil gamers.)

universal:
totc
sa
CA
CS
hate step
fury of magic
destructive fury
theft of life
feign death 2
enroaching darkness
spell casting reinforcement
unholy steed, just for travel purposes

unique to how you play:
mortal coil<- a must for swarming
chattering bones
harm touch
leech touch

75 zones to try in are rss,dragonscale hills but personally i waitr till 85 better aa and more bang for buck gear wise

speeking of gear best to use would be raid of courser however you can do it with abstruce/player made weapons or better
1 hander if ac is bad but will be slower 2hander is way to go imho (arguementives but i still prefer a 2hander)
do gold tokens and grab the icepaw defending stone its awsome for your 2hander for swarming but remember to remove for raids.

i would also add visage of death max rank at all times as well as hastened
max fundaments out as well and any other aa that has to do with you stealing life/defense

now personally back in the day you could do rss at around 75 with really good gear and some buffs,
but personally it would be much wiser to go to 85 and start in say loping plains.
when pulling in loping stay on the roads , you will lose mobs through the hills and
then gm get pissed cause they got to reset zone cause eventually mobs stop spawning.

the primo all time best spot for me is mech fortress because of the amount of mobs and the named are easily handled
i have personally done over 7k aa there and leveled several sk there as well as other alts no problem.
1 st floor newblet area 3rd floor is pro area cause they are alot harder hitters
then first floor and 3rd floor takes you to 95 if you are so inclined.
this is not a totally in depth guide just some basics to get folks in right direction but if so needed ican do a totally hand holding post.

Get 80, then swarm pofire field and c2 for tons and tons of AA. It's a very easy place to learn the basics of swarming. Easy corners to back into, and the mobs hit like wet paper towels to someone in hot t1 gear.

can you actually get any mobs in pofire with all the headshot rangers now adays? i never bothered to even try anymore because usually there was already 3 rangers i the zone argueing about who had what camp lol

Question - Swarming with an SK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back