• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

"Swarm Kiting" Mechanics (1 Viewer)

codecaster

RedCents
I know they nerfed this a couple years or so ago, but has anyone played with swarm kiting to find out exactly what circumstances will allow AE DoTs to take effect on a mob?

I was wondering if I ran a small enough circle at a high enough rate of speed (maxxed AAs) such that the mob would be effectively spinning in circles and never changing X and Y very much at all, would the DoT take effect? This would have incredible implications in FH if something like this would work...

-CodeCaster

I goofed with it a small ammount, died too fast, opted to wait until I had the AAs to attempt again. However with my latets bullshit e-mail from SoE and my lack of being able to get my own server up, I may never get the chance. Probably going to find something else to do.

~Polit

If the mobs coords don't change much it will work. The problem lies in keeping the circle tight enough. You need a great speed to hold the mobs in place and have them just turn to look at you....Inertia doesn't allow that

Bard AE dmg song has a bit bigger range than melee, though not by a ton. The lower level the AE song the smaller the range really. It'd be impossible with the Level 18/19 song whatever is..Denon's

Interesting... I wonder if those AE range-increasing AA's would have any effect on this.... I'll have to test it and find out since I just maxxed those out the other day. ;)

-CodeCaster

Should work but still don't know how you will keep a circle tight enough to stay in AE range but yet fast enough to keep mobs in place....If you could you could do PoV in one afk kite.

Mochila said:
Should work but still don't know how you will keep a circle tight enough to stay in AE range but yet fast enough to keep mobs in place....If you could you could do PoV in one afk kite.

or pon... the very reasion it was nerfed....

maby if u used moveutils to plot a very tight circle and a speed hack to make u run about 3times max bard speed then u cud do it

"Swarm Kiting" Mechanics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back